Author Topic: Visiting Madeira Beach, Florida  (Read 1495 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Visiting Madeira Beach, Florida
« on: April 29, 2020, 03:02:43 PM »
Visiting Madeira Beach
During the early fifties I first visited Madeira Beach, Florida. The 2.5 miles of white, sun bleached, beach and warm, tropical, crystal clear waters was as close to Paradise on Earth as you could get. Legend holds that a pirate named John LeVique was the first European to settle in the Madeira Beach area. In 1980 Captain Wilson Hubbard helped convince the city to permit building of a public waterfront boardwalk close to John's Pass Bridge. It was an immediate hit. Today John's Pass Village is best know for its 1,100 foot boardwalk, shopping, eating, and spectacular Intracoastal views:John's Pass Village has become a very popular attraction, yet it retains the feeling of a rustic fishing village where people can still find humble lodging while enjoying Florida's simple pleasures like strolling along the waterfront, dolphin watching, nature cruising, and of course, catching and eating fish.Tourist flock to watch the 1/2 day head boats unload:Think the fun stops when the sun goes down? Think again!An now, the best for last. EATING!!!The Friendly Fisherman Restaurant is different, really different. For starters the Captain's breakfast is a 'little' different; different but absolutely outstanding. This morning delight starts out with three fluffy eggs, and then the best parts, scallops, gulf shrimp, and fresh caught Mahi-mahi. For lunch the best of Florida fresh caught grouper sandwiches is hard to beat.  Dinner: How about starting out with something a 'little' different... Gator Bites with swamp sauce. Don't know which is better, scallops or fried to perfection corn fritters:Obviously more test are neededAnd my very favorite, oysters. Must admit I have never had oysters like this before:Can't decide? No problem!Let's try a sea-food platter with everything:Hopefully some day soon we will once again be enjoying our,'Paradise on Earth'!If the truth be known that's not really me up in the sky.Visiting Madeira BeachCredits:City of Madeira Beach, Florida
St. Pete Times
 Hubbard's Marina
CREPIT
Visiting Florida
Wikipedia

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: Visiting Madeira Beach, Florida
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 08:48:29 AM »
 t^ .... Nice story Capt. ....  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 06:11:53 PM »
Thanks for another great story and pics Bob.  slt Fishing is NJ is still shut down except for the recreational guys.  I really miss reading fishing reports with dinner.  :'(

What happened, no "LOBSTAH ROLLS" this time.  hhppy  cfzd

Tight Lines,
Bob G  slt  chrz

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 12:15:11 PM »
Thanks!
After being off the water for many weeks the Florida Fisherman II sails again 5/5 on a 39 hour trip, 5/8 on a 44 hour full moon trip.  Will share results.
LOBSTAH ROLLS... Hopefully soon, until then this will do:

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-