Author Topic: I remember Tampa Part 2  (Read 2792 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
I remember Tampa Part 2
« on: May 06, 2020, 05:00:43 PM »
I remember Tampa Part 2

Part 1 has generate so many memories for so many. Decided to do a Part 2.I am a proud Tampa native who has lived in Tampa my entire 78 years. I learned to love the city and its people. In the seventies I worked for Tarnow Fine Meats. Tarnow specialized in... Paul Tarnow, Owner/President insisted on producing the very best. Hamburger meat was no exception. I know, I watched Roy, the #1 man in hamburger, make it, and I sold it. Only the very best Argentina beef was ever used. Why Argentina beef? Let's take a look. Argentinian beef, per Wikipedia, has earned a reputation of being some of the world's best. In the 16th century the Spanish introduced cattle to the 289,577 square mile prairie to Argentina. The humid climate and seemingly endless, flat, prairie lands were absolutely perfect for growing cow-friendly grass. The Argentina cattle graze on rich pampas grass resulting in leaner, more flavorful and nutritious beef. Remember Biff Burger? I sold them fresh, never frozen, Tarnow hamburger meat. The restaurant business has always been very competitive. Every restaurant wants to have something know as 'their-thing'! For Biff Burger their 'thing' was dipping their hamburgers in a special, very tasty, sauce:That sauce was absolutely fantastic. Spent many afternoons at my favorite Dale Mabry Biff Burger:Unfortunately the Biff Burger is long gone, but the water tower still stands today.Biff Burger was good, very good. But Burger Chef was even better. I also sold them fresh, never frozen, Argentina ground beef:Prices were a 'little' different way back when:Why was Burger Chef so good? That question could easily be answered with the first visit. This was different, really different:The 'WORKS BAR' was nothing but fantastic. You yourself piled on whatever you like best:Wow!  Did we ever pile it on: Part 1 has generate so many memories for so many. Decided to do a Part 2.
I will never forget Biff Burger and Burger Chef. 
Anyone else remember going there?

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: I remember Tampa Part 2
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 06:58:35 AM »
 t^ ..............  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-