Author Topic: Back to fishing the surf  (Read 1265 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Back to fishing the surf
« on: March 12, 2022, 11:02:51 PM »
Okay all.  As you may or may not know I have been away from fishing the beach primarily due to the fact that I have 2 artificial hips and age.  I now have this years BB pass and am getting back into the fishing scene once again.  I have tied a lot of new teasers and flies over the winter and hope I will do well this year. 

I am looking to go out this week and try out back of IBSP with some blood worms and also SP minnows. I had to reintroduce myself to my equipment as well.  Being away I had to check and clean all my reels and re spool a couple reels.  What is nice is my wife Lil is now retired as well and loves to be out on the beach so it looks like I will have a built in fishing buddy.

I hope to be posting back as before with reports from IBSP and surf fishing in general.

One new piece of tackle I am looking forward to try is the Doc Spook in ivory.  I have a couple in different sizes.  If you have used them let me know how you like them. Plus I have a new TICA 7' rod.  I am looking for something lighter to use due to the arthritis problem I have.

Looking forward to lightning up this section this summer with some nice catches. 
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Back to fishing the surf
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:57:49 PM »
 Hey Paul!!!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-