Author Topic: A close look at the new YAMAHA 425 hp and a lot more  (Read 2647 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
A close look at the new YAMAHA 425 hp and a lot more
« on: June 09, 2020, 12:22:52 AM »
A close look at the new YAMAHA 425 hp and a lot more

For those of us who's fishing is a way of life we have watched many really good fishing shows. Years ago we watched in admiration the one and only Salty Sol.Simply put he was the best of the best:Today we watch another 'best of the best,' fourth generation Captain Dylan Hubbard:Those crossed fingers are praying for good weather.On this Sunday's show the Captain told us where and how to catch Black Drum:Will never forget fishing for Drum under the Howard Frankland Bridge decades ago. The fishing was fantastic!Can't help but wonder if they are still there.Anyone know?At night, while tarpon fishing under the bridge, Tripletail floating by was a common sight.Anyone know if they are still there?The Tripletail look a 'little' different from most fish:Captain Dylan shared with us the story of Lucas. This young man grew up fishing Hubbard's docks.He still does:Now let's talk about a 'first of it's kind' fishing machine, the Flying HUB ll. The ll is unlike any other USCG inspected charter boat in the entire region.This fishing machine is a go fast catamaran ideal for long range trophy deep water fishing. Custom built from bow to stern this state-of-the-art CAT is a totally unique fishing dream that is long, wide, and built for speed. Doe's this fishing machine actually catch fish?You had better believe it:Captain of the Flying HUB ll, a very proud Captain Rich:The deeper Rich takes us, the BIGGER the American Reds:Now lets talk power plants.I will never forget, decades ago, my first 35 hp outboard.No outboard could really be this big:Well, that was yesterday. Today things are a 'little' different.Let's take a look at what is now powering the Flying HUB ll.The mighty 425 hp V8 YAMAHA; That's the Senior Editor of Sounding Trade Only Mr. Eric Colby standing next to the new Yamaha 425 hp 5.6L 4 stroke V8 engine.This new monster features 12.2-to-1 compression, direct injection, and electric steering. What is direct injection? Let's take a look:Fuel is sprayed at high pressure directly into the combustion chamber rather than the intake track. This improves atomization and increases fuel effectiveness.The direct-injection system features five fuel pumps and injection pressure up to 2,900 psi. The three-stage fuel-pressure system is, in part, composed of two independent fuel pumps within the Vapor Separator Tank (VST) that activates at specific, individual, rpm. This ensues proper fuel flow and delivery even at very high engine rpm.Highest compression ratio in an outboard at 12.2-to-1 means more BANG from every spark and better efficiency.Integrated electric steering:Without hydraulic lines this system responds more quickly than conventional system to steering input.Spark plugs are made from the rare element iridium to improve throttle response and economy, increase service life and improve power.The 425 comes with quad thermostats, two per cylinder bank. One pair helps regulate engine temperature; the other helps regulate oil temperature. A close look at the Flying HUB ll and YAMAH 425 hp outboard power plant makes you wonder... What's next?Makes you wonder... What' next?
credits:
Captain Dylan Hubbard
Yamaha
Sounding Trade Only
Chris Woodard

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
Re: A close look at the new YAMAHA 425 hp and a lot more
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:52 AM »
 t^ ... I have a 4 HP Scott Atwater 1 cylinder air cooled I use for my fresh water boat, Can't kill it...  chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-