Author Topic: Hubbard's Tuesday 39 hour trip  (Read 1351 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Hubbard's Tuesday 39 hour trip
« on: December 04, 2020, 06:59:13 PM »
Hubbard's Tuesday 39 hour trip

I usually begin my report with pictures and a story. For the 12/1/20 Middle Grounds trip the on the water video is so good I decided to showcase it first.

Let's get started with what has become a tradition:Last week Will missed; this week he hits the GOLD:Next stop, the fish-rich Florida Middle Grounds.After a fantastic meal followed by a great sleep, it's time to get down to business:Our # 1 target fish, the tricky, hard to hook, fantastic eating, Mangrove Snapper:Middle Grounds Mangrove Snapper tend to run a 'little' large. With NO closed season, and a two day possession limit of 20, these hit-and-run bait thieves are a prime 24/7 target 12 months out of the year:Always nice to catch a faster-than-fast Blackfin Tuna:Getting back to business:These real ladies, these angleretts, love fishing as much as we do:Speaking of a real lady; it's Tammy Time:That's not just a burger; that's a Tammy Burger.Let's get back to work. Talk about a pretty Grouper:We have been fishing for twenty hours. Many have caught their two day limit of Mangrove Snapper and a lot more... (All Mangrove Snapper over 20 were released to fight again)But before we hit our bunks it's...Tammy has spent hours preparing for us a dinner worthy of a Florida Fisherman:After a fantastic night's sleep it's...Captain Bryon hand out the BIG bucks to the lucky jackpot winners:Don't have enough time for a 39/44 hour trip?As cooler weather approaches it's hog hunting time.The Captains of the 1/2 & one day trips know where the Hogs play and how to catch them.As usual, the ladies show us how it's done:We learned our lessons well:The Hogfish, often called Hog Snapper, is not a member of the snapper, but wrasse family. The Hogfish is native to the Western Atlantic Ocean in ranges from Nova Scotia, Canada, to northern South America, including the Gulf of Mexico. How good is the Hogfish on the table? Let's take a look:"Some chefs feel th Hogfish possesses the perfect combination of flavor and texture because they are sweeter than Grouper, flakier than Mahi and as rich as Scallops. One of Islamorada's most popular restaurants, Chef Michael's, even uses the Hogfish as the center of it's logo."From 39/44 hour trips to 1/2 & all day excursion this is our Florida. Our Florida where hungry fish are just waiting to be caught.

Credits:
Hubbard's MarinaIslamorada Times

Wikipedia  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 07:00:13 PM by harbison »

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: Hubbard's Tuesday 39 hour trip
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2020, 06:34:58 PM »
Thanks for sharing another great report, pics and video Bob.  slt  clp How many times did Will say it was COLD OUT in the video? I thought I was watching "Deadliest Catch"  hhppy What did the temperature get down to 70 degrees?

On another note Bob, what happened to FFII legend ED who used to fish in the port stern corner.  He was always trolling up some nice fish in your pics.  I think I saw him in only 1 report this year.

Enjoy your birthday and your hog hunt.  msfsh  slt

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrzv slt

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Hubbard's Tuesday 39 hour trip
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2020, 07:54:20 PM »
Will and the cold...
Last Tuesday Florida was hit by a severs Arctic Blast.

The day time temperature averaged only 55 degrees.
Tuesday night was ridiculous with an average all the way down to 50.

Does it get that cold in NJ?

We recovered Saturday when the temperature hit 80.

Ed still fishes but due to health problem only on a limited basis. Will show him fishing whenever I can.

Birthday Hog Hunt. Will do my best to harvest a really nice boar hog. Will share hunt in pictures & video.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:58:11 PM by harbison »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-