Author Topic: Island Beach State Park Report  (Read 3649 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Island Beach State Park Report
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:57:26 PM »
Oh well it was a beautiful day to be fishing.   Too bad not much was caught.   Met a bunch of real nice people with cabin fever and just to be out was a treat.

I met a couple of real nice guys from Phila. Wow, to travel that distance and get skunked for the first time had to hurt.  Guys, better days art coming and I hope to see you on the beach in the future.

Now to the report.  The wind in the morning was out of the NW at about 10 - 15 mph which made for a real calm sea and being in that direction made it easy to see the structure at low tide.  You could see every bar and every hole too bad the fish were not around in any of them.

The bait of choice was clams and even though I did not catch anything there were a few Sea Robnins landed in the morning,its something anyway.

The afternoon did not change much, the wind shifted and came out of the west at about 7 - 10 mph the surf was dead calm it looked like a lake out there.  Still no action at all, if there were any fish caught the people I talked to did not attest to catching anything zip, nada... 

We started down by the notch and worked up to A7.  Nothing caught at least by my wife and me.

I will be posting some pictures later.  Boy it wass good to get out there again.

IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline NJetty

• You let HOW MUCH #^$@#! AIR out of the tires???
  • You let %&$&^$ HOW MUCH air out of the tires!?!
    • UBNJ
Re: Island Beach State Park Report
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »
Fished the Pocket on 4/13 @ the PM high-tide.  Caught a 27" striper on clams, missed 2 other hits, and had what I can only figure as a retarded bluefish cut me off (retarded because it is too early for them), but it was a rat-a-tat-tat hit and went thru 30# PowerPro like butter.  Fished the high-tides on 4/14 with no luck.
UBNJ - LM
P&Y Club - Associate Life Member
PBA - Associate Member
NJBBA

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 11:23:41 AM »
Hi Njetty

Thanks For the report
and Welcome to the site.

Hotrod

Offline NJetty

• You let HOW MUCH #^$@#! AIR out of the tires???
  • You let %&$&^$ HOW MUCH air out of the tires!?!
    • UBNJ
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
Hi Njetty

Thanks For the report
and Welcome to the site.

Hotrod
Thanks for the welcome.
UBNJ - LM
P&Y Club - Associate Life Member
PBA - Associate Member
NJBBA

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-