Author Topic: Fuel gauge  (Read 4249 times)

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
Fuel gauge
« on: March 26, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
  I have talked to a few people and they tell me the yamaha digital fuel gauge isnt very accurate.
Anyone here have any trouble? How difficult is it to put seperate fuel gauge in?

Thanks

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Fuel gauge
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:24:28 PM »
If you are referring to the Yamaha Fuel Management System the burn per hour may be off some because (the way it was explained to me) the fuel pump isn't constantly working and pulling fuel.  That will cause a '0' reading on the gauge.  I have one on my boat and have found this to be true (only at idle on my boat), the gauge fluctuates in it's GPH reading, but the total burned is accurate. 
I may be wrong in the explaination as to why, but I do know the total fuel used IS accurate.  When I am running I do get a steady GPH reading.  After having this, I wouldn't do without one on my boat.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »
that is one of the reasons I choose the Evinrudes. They came with dialog gauges.  No gauge is exactly accurate.  I noticed that when I am at empty, to the point I am scared, there is still 50 gallons in the tank.  I talked to some people and they claim that thats a safety device.  When you think you don't have any fuel left via the gauge, you should still have enough to get you back to the dock.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 03:36:18 AM »
If you are referring to the Yamaha Fuel Management System the burn per hour may be off some because (the way it was explained to me) the fuel pump isn't constantly working and pulling fuel.  That will cause a '0' reading on the gauge.  I have one on my boat and have found this to be true (only at idle on my boat), the gauge fluctuates in it's GPH reading, but the total burned is accurate. 
I may be wrong in the explaination as to why, but I do know the total fuel used IS accurate.  When I am running I do get a steady GPH reading.  After having this, I wouldn't do without one on my boat.   t^

No not the fuel management system. Digital gauge. Has fuel, tilt, trim, speed, battery all in one. Thanks for responding

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »
Yep I got the same one. Just like Luna I get scared we're rocking and the gage is near zero then fuel up and it only takes 60 in a 100gal tank. Still costs WAY too much to fuel up tho.

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 05:33:58 PM »
Sometimes Nick I wonder if we are going to make it back myself Gauge looks low but we never got stuck Yet

Unc
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
Sometimes Nick I wonder if we are going to make it back myself Gauge looks low but we never got stuck Yet

Unc
YET!
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 05:54:47 PM »
That's why you pay $150 to sea tow every year (just don't buy gas from them, it is almost double when they bring out the big jugs to you (not those jugs :)

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 06:07:52 PM »
Don't get smart there nephew
Member Team Luna Sea 4

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-