Author Topic: Public Access by Land to Mantoloking Bridge Closed !  (Read 3158 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Public Access by Land to Mantoloking Bridge Closed !
« on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:17 PM »
Just picked up some clams from Jersey Coast Bait & Tackle for Saturday Morning. I went over to the Mantoloking Bridge to get some Fine Barnagate Bay water to freshin them up, and the whole parking/access is now fenced off. No way in to the bulkhead, or the PUBLIC FISHING PIER . During the construction of the new bridge, a section of the old one was saved as a fishing pier.What's up with that ? I did manage to park in the "Bridge Tenders Only" parking area long enough to get my clams a refreshing bath. Lucky I did'nt get a ticket doing so.  <'(((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Capt. Ed

Re: Public Access by Land to Mantoloking Bridge Closed !
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 04:01:10 PM »
Hi Fishin Dude,

I just called my friends at Pell's Bait and Tackle. Pete is a great guy by the way.

They are not sure why the fence is up. People are parking (in the marina lot - but I would not) and walking around or climbing the fence.

They did say that there are many Striped Bass (schoolies) being caught on smaller Storm Shads. I will check with Pete again tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-