Author Topic: Time for a new fish finder  (Read 5670 times)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Time for a new fish finder
« on: February 04, 2007, 08:46:04 PM »
It's time fore this Capt. to really start fishing structure.  My current/old depth finder isn't doing the trick.  Like to keep it near 200$+/-

any suggestions?

Thanks

Offline Capt. Ed

Re: Time for a new fish finder
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
Hi Capt. Rod,

Garmin makes some nice color units for under $200. Respectfully, I do not use Garmin fishfinders. I do use their chartplotters and handheld GPS.

I use Raymarine and Lowrance for my fishfinders but I think that the gap has closed.

I used to be exclusively Furuno but I can't justify the price difference anymore.

Have fun,

Capt. Ed

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 06:57:25 PM »
Capt Rod

I run the Furuno 600CL color unit with high speed block....if you are really looking to upgrade, stop buy Consumer Marine Rt 34 in Wall, they have great prices (lowest I have found) and most all units are on display in test mode.

Also Consumer Marine offers big savings while they are at shows, I don't know if they are at Edison, but they will be at the Saltwater Expo March 16-18......

I upgraded last year FF, GPS and VHF saved an additional $300+ by ordering it at their both at the show. I later found out that you could go to the store while the show was running and get the same dicount... ;D

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 08:35:28 PM »
Nice.. 

Thanks for the inf.

Offline Kahoots

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »
i have a eagle f/f a lowrance gps/map.ther alright, but ther are better.i should of got a combination unit for space reasons.check them all.you get what you pay for.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 08:14:18 PM by Capt. Rod »

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 08:23:56 PM »
yo rod, give me a call tomorrow on lunch break,, i have a ff that i pulled off my trade in, you would need to buy a new transducer, power cord and mount for it. all i have is the actual "unit"

raymarine L470

Compact performance 500 Watt Dual Frequency Fishfinder with Speed and Temperature.

Features:

Dual Frequency 200/50kHz: Provide optimal bottom and fish detection in both shallow and deep water. Each frequency can be displayed individually in full screen mode, or both frequencies can be displayed simultaneously in dual mode

A-Scope (Real-Time Display): Split second real time representation of fish and bottom features passing through the beam of your transducer right now, the history of your A-Scope is represented in the standard sounder image scrolling across your screen.

Zoom Display: Auto or manual zoom magnification of any part of the 200 or 50 kHz fishfinder screen image, (X 2, X4 or X6 magnification).

Bottom Lock: The bottom lock feature shows the bottom as a straight line, in order to help you detect fish close to the bottom and remove wave action from the fishfinder image.

White Line: The White line feature helps distinguish between fish and the bottom, when fish are swimming close to the bottom.

Sidelooker Option: The sideLooker attachment scans both sides of the boat for a 'sideview' of fish and/or structures. This compact device can be attached directly to your transom mount transducer or to your trolling motor.

Waterproof (U.S.C.G. CFR-46 Standard): Withstands 65 gallons (US) of water per minute sprayed through a 1" nozzle from 3.048m (10') for at least 5 min.

All your tuna's are belong to me

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 08:40:34 PM »
Rod Likes them kind ;D

I'll call you after my first Lunch time Corona
12:02 

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 08:42:12 PM »
just noticed this is a pretty old post,, if it aint to late, let me know.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:13:14 PM »
NO.. Not that old..  Was still looking for a new one.. didn't want to dump to much  money into one.

But this units fine..

But I'm having a hard time finding the Missing items.  I'll have to call raymarine..

I can also get side scan with that..

Nice unit..

Offline Reel Time

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2007, 09:42:17 PM »
 i was supposed to leave the unit with the boat for the trade in, but noticed it was still in the back seat when we left the marina,, which is why i have nothing to go with it

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-