Author Topic: THE BEACH IS A L I V E ! ! ! ! !  (Read 1667 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
THE BEACH IS A L I V E ! ! ! ! !
« on: May 02, 2008, 06:14:50 PM »
Hi All,

Was out at IBSP today and even though I did not catch a thing :'( there were plenty of people that did.

Off the North Jetty on IBSP there was a 32" bass landed and a little later two blues in the 10 to 14# range.  Pretty SWEET.

The bass was caught on clams on the out going tide where as the blues were caught on bucktails on the slack and just prior to slack tide.

Plus if that was not enough there were dolphin pushing bunker onto the beach pretty cool.

Another plus there were weakfish off the surf ant they were feeding on what was described as long and thin fish.  Could this be the elusive mackerel everyone can't fine?  Any way it was a pretty interesting day out on the beach to say the least.

If you go and are going to target stripers make sure you have clams or mullet and bunker for the blues.

Oh BTW, as I was pulling off the beach a good friend and fellow Ham was going out to target shark to night.  He said that they have been spotted not far off the beaches.

Like I mentioned the surf is alive and well thank you.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
Re: THE BEACH IS A L I V E ! ! ! ! !
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 06:57:51 PM »
Nice report Paul.  TT^

Capt. Johnny B. caught 2 shorts, 1 keeper 30" and a blue fish. He was around Bayhead in the surf.  chrz

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 09:35:29 PM »
Yea that is what I am hearing all up and down the beaches.  It is great to have everything working this early in the season.

For those that want to get out and try surf fishing it is worth trying starting right now.  It will be even better right around Mother's Day.  The advice I would give is to read any posts on the site and take note.

Right now the slack and incoming tide is still the best, so become familiar with reading the tide tables and watch out for a rising barometer as if it is too high the bite will probably be off.

Good luck to all this season.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-