Author Topic: Scum Frogs  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Scum Frogs
« on: May 06, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
Scum Frogs
Advanced Top Water
by: Chad T. Keogh (Badchad)

The only soft-bodied top water lure I use is a Scum Frog, and even it gets modified. My first step is to bend the stock hook so that the double points aren’t pressed up against the sides of the frog. I find this helps get a good hook set since the body interferes less.

The next step is to put a 1/2 size slice in the tail end of the frog, push the round end of a small balloon into the Scum Frog’s body so that the tail of the balloon sticks out. Then put 3 or more BBs into the balloon, inflate the balloon as much as you can inside the frog, tie it off and push the tail of the balloon into the frog.

The purpose of the balloon is to make the Scum Frog extra buoyant and to give the BBs a dry rattle chamber. Another advantage of the BBs is they add weight to aid with casting distance.

Again, working a Scum Frog is basically the same as most floating top water lures. Cast it, let it sit, slight twitch, then begin twitching the rod downward in an erratic pattern.

The main advantage of the Scum Frog is that, due to the hooks pointing upward along the frog’s sides, it truly is virtually “snag proof”. This feature makes the Scum Frog ideal for fishing those nasty, snaggy areas where some of the bigger bass live.

Make use of my years of top water fishing experience and next time you’re out on the water, whether for fun or competition, put some of your own modified top water lures through their paces. I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008, 07:07:24 PM by Luna Sea 3 »
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-