Author Topic: NJ Suds....where to fish  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Slick56

NJ Suds....where to fish
« on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:08 AM »
Hey guys. Im trying to expand my surf spots. Im really trying to cut corners and not scout out some spots so i dont waste valuable time. Does anyone have general areas north of the hook that are quality well known locations to fish. I fish Cliffwood, Perth amboy and Union Beach and need a few more spots. Any well known jetties in that general area? I would like to fish off the beach, cliffwood off the rocks can be tough at times. I already broke a rod there.
I just bought a St Croix 8.6ft 8-17lb med casting rod married to an Abu 6500c3 spooled with 20# PP. Do i need to go heavier? For Cliffwood i know i would need a beefier rod to lift a fish up those rocks, i learned that the hard way  ::)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: NJ Suds....where to fish
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
Sorry Slick56, but I don't get up that way to much any more.  I mainly stick to Ortley Beach south to Barnegat Inlet as I live in Toms River.

I am sure some of the guys will chime in soon with more info for you.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-