Author Topic: SWARTSWOOD LAKE  (Read 6718 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
SWARTSWOOD LAKE
« on: May 12, 2008, 06:24:04 PM »

SWARTSWOOD LAKE
Swartswood Lake, at 494 surface acres, is one of the largest natural lakes found in the state. Swartswood Lake provides anglers with a chance to test their deep-water fishing skills. Eighty percent of the lake is deeper than 10 feet, and although there are several areas that give the angler some shallow-water fishing, jig combinations, deep-running crankbaits and spinnerbaits will unlock the secrets to the lake's best bass fishing.

Swartswood Lake has been a sleeper for many years when it comes to being one of the state's best bass waters. Last year changed that status for lots of fishermen. As many of the state's top waters produce poor bassing due to the up-and-down weather patterns, a lot of anglers tried waters they had not fished before. As a result, Swartswood Lake emerged as one of the state's most consistent largemouth bass producers.

The big lake does have its limitations, and one of those is the "electric-only" rule. The lake is often windswept and it's wise to keep a spare battery on board if you intend to fish this large lake for any length of time. Shoreline fishing is adequate and boat launch facilities are good.

Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
Re: SWARTSWOOD LAKE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
Swatswood lake is one of my favorite ice fishing lakes and also i have done good there at nite fishing all niters in the summer
John
Raritan Bay Stripers & Fluke
SV-18GT Fisher Marine "Grey Thunder" aluminum bassboat Mercury outboard

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-