Author Topic: Surf Fishing Books  (Read 2146 times)

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
Surf Fishing Books
« on: May 26, 2008, 03:52:03 PM »
Are their any surf fishing books that you have read and that you recommend? I was looking at some on amazon.com but Im not sure if I should buy them.

Offline MikeMcManus

Re: Surf Fishing Books
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »
My recommendations are "The Art of Surfcasting with Lures" by Zeno Hromin & "The Surfcaster's Guide to the Striper Coast" by D.J. Muller.

Both are active local surf fishermen and know the sport inside out!!

Mike from Ortley Beach

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 06:58:26 PM »
Hi Mike!.  Welcome to the site. Thanks For the info t^

Offline EdL

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:47:24 AM »
Check out "A season on the edge" by John Skinner. Great reading - highly recommended.
(Ed)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 10:16:59 AM »
Welcome Aboard Mike and I have to agree both books are an excellent choice for beginners as they are both very explicit in their approach towards fishing this area.

Thanks for the input as it is always good to put young fishermen on the right track.  I wish I had that opportunity when I was young.  We had to hang around the B&T's and hopefully pick up bits and pieces os conversations the old regulars had to say back then.

Again welcome aboard.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline adesai73

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 10:40:45 AM »
My recommendations are "The Art of Surfcasting with Lures" by Zeno Hromin & "The Surfcaster's Guide to the Striper Coast" by D.J. Muller.

I haven't read Hromin's book, but everything I've ever heard about it puts it in the "must read" league.  I'll definitely second the recommendation on Muller's book.  I'll probably start reading it the second time around soon.

I also liked Striper Surf by Frank Daignault.  He can be overly technical, at times, but as a story teller, he's second to none.  Fishing the NJ Coast by Jim Freda is another book I enjoyed.  It mixes locations with technique.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-