Author Topic: Seahawk - Perth Amboy  (Read 19347 times)

Offline zer0max713

Seahawk - Perth Amboy
« on: June 11, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
Hello,

I am thinking about going fishing on the Seahawk, and I wanted to know if anyone has gone out on this boat and what type of experiences, thoughts and or input anyone would have for me and the forum. So far I have heard mixed reviews more  >:( then  ;D . Any input would be very much appreciated. Thanks!
SaMsOn

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: Seahawk - Perth Amboy
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 03:22:14 PM »
first welcome to the site.  i haven't been on that boat, so I no information for you, buy there will be some that will shortly..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline zer0max713

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 03:23:05 PM »
Thanks!
SaMsOn

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 03:26:45 PM »
See post under Helping each other out - Sea Hawk
It should help you. I am going out on the Sea Hawk this Sunday.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »
Gottog is friends with the owner/captain and sometimes fills in as mate.

Several members here have fished the boat.

I haven't seen any negative reviews by anyone who has fished on the boat.

Offline zer0max713

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 03:31:41 PM »
Great... i will await some more posts, but i like what i hear so far.
SaMsOn

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 04:10:05 PM »
I'm a regular there and friends with the captain and mates.  Did fill in as deckhand a few times on the old Sea Pigeon where the current Sea Hawk captain and mates came from but haven't worked a trip on this boat yet.  Doubt I will as they have quite a few guys in reserve and I'm low man on the totem pole.

Plus I rather just pay and fish with no worries TT^  Too much work to do instead of just gathering my gear and leaving.  Scrubbing the boat in this heat would be a real PIA rgmn

Haven't heard of any negative reports form people that have fished the boat.  Obviously no one can control the actual catching of fish, but capt/crew give you 100% effort ;D

Feel free to contact me with any negative comments you've heard as I'd be mighty interested to hear them. grtn
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 04:58:45 PM by gottog »
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 05:42:17 PM »
Great Boat.  Awesome Captain..  But fishing is fishing.  you'll never know  what the day will bring..

Welcome to the site.

Offline Don11

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 08:59:16 PM »
Another nice thing about the sea hawk is that the cabin had air conditioning when theres a hot day and you need to cool off, feel free to contact me with any other questions

Don

Offline zer0max713

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »
The captain of the seahawk used to work on the sea peigon, is that correct? Well i will be going out on this boat over the weekend. Thanks guys for all your input.
SaMsOn

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:15:23 AM »
So what was the negatives about the boat?  Like to bring anything to the attention of that captain so it could be corrected if possible.

Donnie? grtn
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline zer0max713

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
gottog - I just hear that there was a lot more driving around then fishing. I am all for this boat, i loved going out to Perth Amby to fish. I am going to head out there for some fishing really soon. I just wanted to get some opinions. I appreciate all the input. Thanks guys!
SaMsOn

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 11:51:12 AM »
Captain burns alot of fuel looking for the fish and with fluke, constantly power drifting.  You'll get your money's worth on the boat with their effort, catching the fish is up to you though ;)  Catch em up TT^
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 11:55:47 AM »
A good captain can only search for the fish, but I agree, you can be on top of them but your the one responsible for catching them.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline zer0max713

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 12:00:33 PM »
Agree! Thanks everyone.
SaMsOn

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2008, 12:14:00 PM »
To me, a Capt. who moves around to find fish is very positve.. Something I'm sure they would rather not have to do with these fuel prices, but proof that he's workin for ya! Got git'em TT^

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »
Gottog is right a good capt is going to burn fuel looking to put is clients on fish. At the price of gas he is not just going to ride around instead of letting his clients fish.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2008, 03:15:19 PM »
Got the report from today's trip from the captain, slow day.  Highlight was a bluefish blitz :P  DId say it would have been a pretty good haul if the limit was 17.5" instead of 18"

Thinkin' those fluke know to clench up tight when pulled out of the water.

Was getting his fuel bill when I talked to him and heard the total.  All I can say is OUCH!!! :-X rgmn
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
I would rather be riding around checking out all the known good fishing holes and finding different fishing holes than sit in one spot and not be catching anything.

Some days you have to move more than fish in order to CATCH fish. Anyone can drive a boat to one spot and sit. It takes a talented Captain to FIND the fish.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fixius23

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 05:16:00 PM »
I've been fishing for a long time and I recently decided to try out a new boat so I took a trip up to Perth Amboy for morning fluke..it was without a doubt the worst fishing trip I've been on the crew is nice but I think the captains fish finder is broken.. I caught one fish all day and it wasn't a keeper and my three budies who I brought with me caught absolutely nothing.Now I know not everybody catches something but I have never seen it where the entire boat rarely caught anything at all.not even bites!!!..also what I never seen before is when he stops the boat he doesn't Anchor the boat dragging your jigs along the bottom ripping your bait right off the hook which you should never do especially fishing for fluke also he had the engine revving which obviously would scare all the fish away in the first place he never cut his engine once...I think there was a total of 30 people on board and maybe 2 or 3 keepers all day most fisherman  on the boat were complaining as well.. worst day fishing I've had in 15 years...I basically paid $75 for a boat ride

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-