Author Topic: Seahawk - Perth Amboy  (Read 19348 times)

Offline bayonne

Re: Seahawk - Perth Amboy
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 06:40:16 PM »
I've been fishing for a long time and I recently decided to try out a new boat so I took a trip up to Perth Amboy for morning fluke..it was without a doubt the worst fishing trip I've been on the crew is nice but I think the captains fish finder is broken.. I caught one fish all day and it wasn't a keeper and my three budies who I brought with me caught absolutely nothing.Now I know not everybody catches something but I have never seen it where the entire boat rarely caught anything at all.not even bites!!!..also what I never seen before is when he stops the boat he doesn't Anchor the boat dragging your jigs along the bottom ripping your bait right off the hook which you should never do especially fishing for fluke also he had the engine revving which obviously would scare all the fish away in the first place he never cut his engine once...I think there was a total of 30 people on board and maybe 2 or 3 keepers all day most fisherman  on the boat were complaining as well.. worst day fishing I've had in 15 years...I basically paid $75 for a boat ride
no boat anchors for fluke you drift

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2014, 06:57:33 PM »
I've been fishing for a long time and I recently decided to try out a new boat so I took a trip up to Perth Amboy for morning fluke..it was without a doubt the worst fishing trip I've been on the crew is nice but I think the captains fish finder is broken.. I caught one fish all day and it wasn't a keeper and my three budies who I brought with me caught absolutely nothing.Now I know not everybody catches something but I have never seen it where the entire boat rarely caught anything at all.not even bites!!!..also what I never seen before is when he stops the boat he doesn't Anchor the boat dragging your jigs along the bottom ripping your bait right off the hook which you should never do especially fishing for fluke also he had the engine revving which obviously would scare all the fish away in the first place he never cut his engine once...I think there was a total of 30 people on board and maybe 2 or 3 keepers all day most fisherman  on the boat were complaining as well.. worst day fishing I've had in 15 years...I basically paid $75 for a boat ride

5hrug  That's why they call it fishing not catching, Obviously you have been on some very lucky trips. By your account the Captain worked hard on a bad day. They are bound to happen and there are not any reports on the board today of stellar fishing, Hopefully next time you will make up for this trip.... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2014, 06:58:14 PM »
I read that earlier but skipped commenting after they mentioned not anchoring.  LOL  rgmn cfzd

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2014, 07:13:16 PM »
I read that earlier but skipped commenting after they mentioned not anchoring.  LOL  rgmn cfzd

Did the same  pcrn

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2014, 07:24:58 PM »
My fish finder never worked when I was fluke fish. I always have the sound on so I know to look and see if we are marking them. Never marked one fluke.  pcrn
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2014, 09:31:47 PM »
Boats have bad days.. this will happen.. and Yes.. you have to drift for fluke

Offline Adam W.

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »
 pcrn
"I hear banjos, paddle faster!!"

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2014, 03:31:15 AM »
 :headscra: how o say this politely, Fluke fishing is just that fishing, you dont anchor when you fluke fish the boat drifts. Fluke are not migratory fish you have to move to them to be able to catch them. Early season has been hit or miss so far with any change in wind tide clarity has had adverse affects on fishing. If your bait and jigs were getting tore up from the boat drifting then thats the reason you werent catching, the bait has to be moving constantly. Im sorry you didnt have a banner day aboard but it was not the captain nor the boats fault.

If the captain moved from spot to spot trying to get a bite going he did exactly what he was supposed to do.
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2014, 03:33:26 AM »
:headscra: how o say this politely, Fluke fishing is just that fishing, you dont anchor when you fluke fish the boat drifts. Fluke are not migratory fish you have to move to them to be able to catch them. Early season has been hit or miss so far with any change in wind tide clarity has had adverse affects on fishing. If your bait and jigs were getting tore up from the boat drifting then thats the reason you werent catching, the bait has to be moving constantly. Im sorry you didnt have a banner day aboard but it was not the captain nor the boats fault.

If the captain moved from spot to spot trying to get a bite going he did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Very polite Al clp! They had me at fish finder and anchor ovrbt pcrn!!

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2014, 09:49:42 AM »
 :headscra:
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline gottog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2014, 08:01:21 PM »

Have to really zoom in on the fishfinder to see their eyes sticking up from the bottom.

Maybe all the good anchoring spots were taken by other boats already? Best spots are right in the middle of the shipping channels.

Have to be very quiet too or the fish get scared away. Never run the engines. Best bet is to drop sail or paddle those oars.

Captain must be loaded to burn all that fuel too.

15 years of fishing?  rofla

Nice try at trolling though slt
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:02:24 PM by gottog »
XL Rods addict
Fishing hack

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:01 PM »
 whs AMEN !

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 08:16:23 PM »
  pcrn  slt

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »
 smk

[youtube=640,390]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmqXIUgsrP8[/youtube]

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2014, 08:06:25 AM »
ttp What happened to 'helping' & 'teaching' those that may not know as much as others the right way. Maybe he was taught wrong from the beginning and doesn't know any better. ttp  Kudos to you Al!  

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2014, 05:31:59 PM »
I think the joking (nothing too bad) started mainly cause he said he has been fishing many years then made some amateurish fishing comments. Ive been fishing the back bay for almost 30 years, fluke fishing can be spotty back bay sometimes but as it gets further into the summer  i start to get more constant action back bay and will fish there more often then sandy hook area. The party boats out of the back bay area put great effort in catching fish obviously it does not benefit them if you dont catch anything. Over the years ive seen the nets moving alot on the Seahawk with some nice flattys in them. I think the biggest problem so far this year is the size limits for NJ & NY its just getting too dam expensive for recreational fishing with these size limit!.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 05:33:27 PM by 89stang1 »
John
Raritan Bay Stripers & Fluke
SV-18GT Fisher Marine "Grey Thunder" aluminum bassboat Mercury outboard

Offline Ms Fish

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2014, 09:11:59 PM »
Yea, I agree with ya, nothing was too bad. t^ Joking around and the ball busting is one of the many reasons why I love it on here. (A few of the responses did make me smile ;D) And like you said, because of some of the things he mentioned while saying he has been fishing for a long time made me think twice too :headscra: I dunno, it was his first post; so I kinda feel bad for the guy.  :-\  Hopefully he will take some of the advice given and get out there and catch some fish!

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 04:59:47 PM »
funny i was thinking the same thing about it only being his first post but then i think about some of the mustang forums im on and this was very TAME! ;D
John

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 08:58:18 PM »
Yea. Sorry.  We are pretty nice people here. I think everyone was pretty light on you.  I could only imagine if this was on another board

Anyway we are here if you would like any tips  t^

Offline 89stang1

• Pullin Drag
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 08:22:54 AM »
Yea. Sorry.  We are pretty nice people here. I think everyone was pretty light on you.  I could only imagine if this was on another board

Anyway we are here if you would like any tips  t^

+1
John

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-