Author Topic: 6/25 evening bass - no good  (Read 2714 times)

Offline Eden

6/25 evening bass - no good
« on: June 26, 2008, 07:28:37 PM »
set out yesterday afternoon with a livewell full of bunker and high hopes with the WNW wind.  Came around the hook and was greated with calm seas and great conditions....for about 10 mins.  Just like that the wind changed back to dead S and it got rough quick.  Ran down past long branch without marking anything worthwhile and ended up with a few blues off sea girt.  It calmed down again around twilight and we fished a few bunker pods right off the hook but they werent holding any bass.   Maybe next time.......

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: 6/25 evening bass - no good
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:35 PM »
Nice effort. Things have been a little slow in the striped bass arena lately. If the bunker stay around, the bassing should get better.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »
 whs
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 07:48:06 PM »
Nice try you will get them next time.

NJDEVIL >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
Sounds better then my fishing trip that evening which was  interupted by Barney Fife. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Ms Grit

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 08:38:19 PM »
Eden, I know somebody that made 18 trips before getting into them good, (me) ;D  Keep up the effort and the faith.  They're there, it's just a matter of being in the right place at the right time, and one tide can turn everything around  ;)
"woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself ..." -Susan B Anthony

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". - Dr Suess

Hunt hard, Kill swifty, Waste nothing, Make no apologies . . .

NRA member, UBNJ member, NJOA supporter

http://www.MsGrit.com

Offline Eden

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 08:48:46 PM »
yeah, i've hit them a couple times good this year... its that south wind that gives them lockjaw and pushes them out with the water temps.  its only a matter of time.    Tues. night when u hit them ms. grit it was blowing NW for the first times in over a week, now its south again thru the weekend

Offline Ms Grit

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 09:15:37 PM »
I don't know enough about the winds yet, but  I've really paid attention to the water temps and the depths.  Eden, if I could, I'd be out there every day, fish or no fish.  I just love being on the water from April through September, (even love the October tuna trips)but September's going to cause a conflict as I'll be bow hunting this year for the first time ;D
"woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself ..." -Susan B Anthony

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind". - Dr Suess

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
Eden, Good report. I tried to hale you on 68 Wed about 8 am and again at 11 thought you posted you were going out in the morning,but I see it was later in eve.Winds out of S in pm and blowing.
Get em Next time.

Offline Eden

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2008, 09:54:27 PM »
I'll be bow hunting this year for the first time

Uh oh..... another addiction to tend to and just as expensive!!  Deer or no deer, its the same feeling in the tree as in the boat....

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2008, 10:27:01 PM »
Keep trying  ;)
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Ms Grit

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2008, 11:29:34 PM »
Uh oh..... another addiction to tend to and just as expensive!!  Deer or no deer, its the same feeling in the tree as in the boat....

Believe me, I'm learning ALL about it, I've been gun hunting for several years now, but I've been on the boats since I was two  ;D

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-