Author Topic: Point Pleasant Canal Fishing Reports  (Read 548444 times)

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
Re: Point Pleasant Canal Fishing Reports
« Reply #560 on: October 01, 2009, 09:34:53 PM »
I haven't been to the canal in months, and never tried for tog. 
Have to get over there next week.

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #561 on: October 01, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
I haven't been to the canal in months, and never tried for tog. 
Have to get over there next week.

Nows the time to go. Just bring extra hooks and sinkers with you. Today I took a beating losing sinkers.
Mark

Offline fishdoctor

« Reply #562 on: October 02, 2009, 01:06:50 PM »
16 inch is a super fish for the canal.  I took my first 14 and a smidge last time to hedge my bets, glad I did the next biggest one was on the line if not under.

Got to love fall in the canal!

Offline Noworries2009

« Reply #563 on: October 02, 2009, 06:04:46 PM »
Hit the canal again with Chris and had good action along with new friend Rob. We are definitely spoiled. The action was a little slow it was drop and reel for only an hour today at the high tide.  5hrug

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #564 on: October 02, 2009, 09:38:46 PM »
The tog are there, if you don't get hits for a while, move a little, the fish move around within the canal.  A friend said they were catching bigger ones at the Manasquan Inlet, but there was not as many as the canal, you had to really work for them, but again, they WERE bigger. ( I actually seen proof )  TT^  <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline fishdoctor

« Reply #565 on: October 05, 2009, 07:02:38 PM »
Fished the canal Sat am for a very brief period of time.  Good action on cookie cutter shorts all round 12" maybe one at 13inches but they were fighters.  Another group did get their keeper on the west side of the canal.

Heard same thing about inlet rocks having bigger fish.

Offline Section32

• Hook'em Young!
« Reply #566 on: October 06, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »
Been hearing about the great blackfishing so my son and I headed over there to make a few casts.  Only fished the canal once before.  Gotta say.....MAD DOG BITE AND NEVER LOST A SINGLE RIG!!!  Never even casted out.  Dropped straight down 2 ft out from the wall.
My 11 year old once again put me to shame as he easily swung 2 dozen+ (close to 30) toggies over the fence in just over an hour, including 3 boxers which were returned to see another day. I managed to catch my share (15).
Man.......that kid can fish!!  He's a professional sniper when you put a rod in those tiny hands.  Love ya buddie!!

BTW....heard from a gentleman who had been there earlier that he witnessed some guy leaving with a 5 gallon pail filled with blackfish, most if not all being undersized.  Cm'on people...step up and say something when you see this going on! 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 10:58:44 PM by Section32 »
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #567 on: October 06, 2009, 10:52:55 PM »
Awesome!   TT^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #568 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:09 PM »

BTW....heard from a gentleman who had been there earlier that he witnessed some guy leaving with a 5 gallon pail filled with blackfish, most if not all being undersized.  Cm'on people...step up and say something when you see this going on! 

The game wardens need to be down there patrolling more.
Mark

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #569 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:59 PM »
Nice going!  Your boy is a fishing machine!  Congratulations! t^

Offline fryedbeans

« Reply #570 on: October 07, 2009, 07:48:03 AM »
That is a common thing with the shorts at the canal and I do remind those guilty of all rules and regulations!The warden's have been there a pleanty and I've seen them right pleanty of tiks to no avail.

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #571 on: October 07, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Been hearing about the great blackfishing so my son and I headed over there to make a few casts.  Only fished the canal once before.  Gotta say.....MAD DOG BITE AND NEVER LOST A SINGLE RIG!!!  Never even casted out.  Dropped straight down 2 ft out from the wall.
My 11 year old once again put me to shame as he easily swung 2 dozen+ (close to 30) toggies over the fence in just over an hour, including 3 boxers which were returned to see another day. I managed to catch my share (15).
Man.......that kid can fish!!  He's a professional sniper when you put a rod in those tiny hands.  Love ya buddie!!

GOOD STUFF!! t^

Offline njfisherman1975

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #572 on: October 07, 2009, 08:43:30 AM »
What is the best way of getting around that area and finding a spot to fish?  If anyone can post a street name where you could park to get to it...I would appreciate it.  I have GPS that would get me to that area...I know where the canal is, but didn't know where to park to access an area to fish.  Any info would be appreciated...

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #573 on: October 07, 2009, 10:09:47 AM »
Check the first page of this thread, there's some good info on locations.  other than that, check out Google maps aerial view.  There's some accessible spots on either side near the State Police building also.

Offline tm613

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #574 on: October 07, 2009, 10:44:04 AM »
What is the best way of getting around that area and finding a spot to fish?  If anyone can post a street name where you could park to get to it...I would appreciate it.  I have GPS that would get me to that area...I know where the canal is, but didn't know where to park to access an area to fish.  Any info would be appreciated...

When i went for the first time a few weeks ago..i entered the address for Capt Ed's Place into my GPS..you are then right down the block from the canal

1001 Arnold Avenue
(Corner of Pine Bluff)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey

drive down Pine Bluff towards the canal and park on the street

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #575 on: October 07, 2009, 10:49:58 AM »
Nice report, always great to see kids catching fish. As far as poachers go, I've also seen it happen as well, I'm sure alot of us have. Some days, when the CO comes to one side of the canal, the other side clears out in a hurry! <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #576 on: October 07, 2009, 12:59:44 PM »

When i went for the first time a few weeks ago..i entered the address for Capt Ed's Place into my GPS..you are then right down the block from the canal

1001 Arnold Avenue
(Corner of Pine Bluff)
Point Pleasant, New Jersey

drive down Pine Bluff towards the canal and park on the street
whs

Offline hook

• Full Member of the Den
  • Go Fish
« Reply #577 on: October 07, 2009, 02:50:58 PM »
I pulled 3 nice 25 inch bass at the end of the incoming tide west side of the canal the other night. Needle nose with a black feather teaser slow retrieve with slight jerks.
Can you say black fish……a lot of doubles and about every 15 fish one keeper on clam? What the hell- I think these dame fish stop growing at 13 inches
My buddy pulled a nice 21 inch weak using a black fish rig and a gulp crab at the north side mouth on the outgoing while I was foul hooking small frenzy of small blues just for fun
Hook slt

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #578 on: October 07, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
nice t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #579 on: October 07, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
Nice catching guys!  The Canal is really the place to fish...a great year so far.

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-