Author Topic: Point Pleasant Canal Fishing Reports  (Read 548448 times)

Offline SharkHart

Re: Point Pleasant Canal Fishing Reports
« Reply #620 on: October 17, 2009, 01:39:10 PM »
i heard you drive by with your coolers open the stripers will just jump right in  chrz dont even have to take a rod out  ;D

Offline NJHEMIRT

« Reply #621 on: October 17, 2009, 02:01:58 PM »
Stopped to take a look at the canal by Rt 88 bridge around 8:30 this morning...wow was the current ripping through there!  Water was about 1 foot from the top.
Thanks Dad for taking me fishing as a kid!

Offline christianbythebeach

« Reply #622 on: October 17, 2009, 08:39:35 PM »
Big Stripers in the Canal on Jigs!!  Water running hard, must be on bottom to catch on jigs..  Go get em, fish r there!!!
trying to get wifey to post those pics..
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 11:51:37 AM by christianbythebeach »

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #623 on: October 17, 2009, 11:23:05 PM »
 t^  Yo Bro t^  Nice to hear from yu  ;D  You just have to hit "additional Options"  under the post box.. to upload pictures

Offline NJHEMIRT

« Reply #624 on: October 19, 2009, 11:44:48 AM »
Nice catch! and now I know how to add a pic too!  LOL
Thanks Dad for taking me fishing as a kid!

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #625 on: October 19, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »
Nice catch! and now I know how to add a pic too!  LOL

Hoping to see some big'uns from you now Herm!  TT^
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Flat-Foot

« Reply #626 on: October 20, 2009, 11:02:45 AM »
Want to take my 5year old here new to this board and Canal fishing But not new to fishing been doing this fishing thing since i was 5 with my Dad just mainly on the beach and boat What times are they getting Bass in the Canal?
P.S how do you put up a avitar on here
thank you
ED
“If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.”

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #627 on: October 20, 2009, 11:23:07 AM »
Hi ED,

To put up an avatar simply go up to the top header click on Profiles and then click on Forum Profile information.  Under Profiles the second and third buttons are for avatars you can type a signature under the avatar right there as well.

Good Luck

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #628 on: October 20, 2009, 12:26:42 PM »
Welcome ed.  I think you need 3  or 5 post to do that..

Offline samksy

« Reply #629 on: October 20, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »
Big Stripers in the Canal on Jigs!!  Water running hard, must be on bottom to catch on jigs..  Go get em, fish r there!!!
trying to get wifey to post those pics..

Nice   TT^, i need some tips to catch these guys.  Never caught one before  5hrug .
Maybe i'll try it out tonight. 

Also does the blackfish bite after dark?  Thanks,

-Sam

Offline PhillyMike

« Reply #630 on: October 21, 2009, 12:19:13 PM »
Capt. Rich...

This is probaby a stupid question. You said to fish about another hour after the high tide slacks. When does the high tide slack?

Offline Stray Cat

« Reply #631 on: October 21, 2009, 04:42:50 PM »
Capt. Rich...

This is probaby a stupid question. You said to fish about another hour after the high tide slacks. When does the high tide slack?

At the top of the tide is when the water  goes slack usually  about 20 to 30 minutes, then the water starts to ebb.
Mark

Offline samksy

« Reply #632 on: October 21, 2009, 05:34:00 PM »
Sam,
Black fish normally do not bite at night I have caught them on rare occasions while eeling for stripers but nothing consist ant to make you try and target them at night. The bite in the canal has slowed down a lot. But the rule of thumb and key to best success is to be  at the canal about 1 1/2 hours before high tide and fish for about another hour  after it slacks..  The canal's tide runs 3 hours ahead of the USCG station Manasquan inlet nj. So for instance today 10/21   High tide is at 10:15 am at the USCG station Manasquan Inlet so you would want to add 3 hours which would make high tide  1:15pm  at the pt. pleasant canal.  So get there around 11:45am today and get set up .. I hope this info helps. Stop in the shop if you have any other questions

Capt Rich, thanks for the tips. 

I tried the canal last night btwn 7-9pm without know much about the tide information.  Used live eel, no bite, then switch over to the xrap 12, silver minnon and metal on slow retrieval.  Also tried a jig with feather and a fin s, i think that's what you call, not sure of the term..... w/o luck.  I usually do bottom fishing so i could be using it wrong.  Oh well, maybe i'll try it again on saturday and drop by to pick up some advice and baits. 

working today, or else i'll probably give it another shot with the time you stated.  Thanks,

-Sam
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 05:35:34 PM by samksy »

Offline PhillyMike

« Reply #633 on: October 21, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
Thanks, got it now! t^

Offline Whistlefish

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #634 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:49 AM »
Caught the slack tide yesterday afternoon. Had everything rigged and ready before I got there to maximize fishing time. My son and I dropped out clams and immediately got big hits. Only hits, however, as absolutely nothing bit. The hits lasted for the rest of the slack only. By the time it was moving, not another hit. The water was somewhat dirty with more than the usual salad and debris. Left after two hours to try the north end. Talked to two guys coming out of the entrance on Pine Bluff and they said not a thing. These guys were well equipped and organized with good equipment so we figured if they struck out on an ebbing time, we ain't gonna score. Hit the RR bridge in an attempt to raise so tog there, it used to be good before all of that dredging a couple of years ago, but it's pretty sanitized now. Mostly you do some stargazing there (seems like thousands of the little critters there). No more land togging this year for me, a boat trip and night stripers from land.

Offline tm613

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #635 on: October 23, 2009, 10:33:32 AM »
Was at the canal at Pine Bluff from 12;45-2:15 yesterday...had some clams from my earlier beach fishing...got a lot of jits but inly one hookup right before I left....A guy about 20 yards down from me got 5 or 6 while I was there

Offline Whistlefish

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #636 on: October 23, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
Was at the canal at Pine Bluff from 12;45-2:15 yesterday...had some clams from my earlier beach fishing...got a lot of jits but inly one hookup right before I left....A guy about 20 yards down from me got 5 or 6 while I was there

Damn sharpies. I think the inland fishery is over for us amateurs. The guy with 5 or 6 was probably using green crabs. I've had better luck with salted clams but the consensus seems to be the crabs. Trouble with that is, you lose a whole lot of bait quickly to the little ones and when you do get a keeper, ones the limit until 11/15. By that time, most have headed out to sea.

Offline rb4452

« Reply #637 on: October 25, 2009, 01:03:16 PM »
Please fellas, leave the place you fish better than you found it.... really it does not take a lot of time to clean up after yourself. STOP LEAVING ALL OF YOUR S... IF NOT WE ALL WILL LOSE OUR FISHING SPOTS, ALL I SEE IS BERKLEY BAGS AND RIG BAGS WITH 7-11 CUPS AND BEER CANS. I take 10 min every time I go out to pick up crap that others leave behind. How bout a little help guys rgmn

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #638 on: October 25, 2009, 01:14:14 PM »
Amen Brother! t^

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #639 on: October 25, 2009, 01:30:58 PM »
 nosmly  Litterbugs.
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-