Author Topic: Gas Leak  (Read 2614 times)

Offline sea nymph

Gas Leak
« on: July 07, 2008, 06:13:38 PM »
I went to start my motor today and notice some teeth marks on the gas line!  (90 hp Outbard).  I replaced that, primed it and noticed fuel dripping from the front of the motor.  Took the cover off and it was puddling inside on the bottom.  I know this is a reach, but has anyone had similar problems in the past?

Offline Duffman

Re: Gas Leak
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:26:06 PM »
Sounds like a rodent problem.  I'd check everything. Rubber fuel lines, wire harness, anything soft they chew and use for bedding.
   Not uncommon by any means.

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
Re: Gas Leak
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:55:58 PM »
I'm with Duffman.. I had a similiar experience last year with mice taking up residence in the lower unit of the OB on my Jonboat over the winter. The had it so packed with nesting material, they blocked the water intake lines, chewed wires, and made a general mess of things. I hope you do not find too much damage, but as Duff says, check everything as they can get into amazingly small spaces. Good Luck!

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-