Author Topic: hello!  (Read 5593 times)

Offline Greg7

hello!
« on: July 12, 2008, 11:58:46 PM »
Hey!
New to the board. Wanted to say a little hello to everyone. Im usually out at the inlet or by the railroad bridge catching plenty of seaweed,  ;D

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: hello!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 12:07:13 AM »
HahA!,  Nice..  Welcome Greg..  Hopefully some of the guys can help you with that seaweed Problem t^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 12:12:17 AM »
Yea, about two weeks ago I was at the inlet and caught a whole lot of it, haha. however the past couple of days I have been there haven't been so bad. Caught plenty of sea robins and 2 16-17inch fluke.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 01:10:04 AM »
greg i am a big fisherman of the manasquan inlet and i didnt see much seaweed on friday,lots of short fluke lots of searobins, .. my cousin caught a nice thick 19.5 inch fluke, i had one that missed by about 5/8th's of an inch. Keepers are starting to pop up more, guy at the bait store across from the parking siad someone caught a 28 incher friday morning from there. Good luck, maybe see you around. Im,usuaully the one with no shirt one standing on the wall itself using lots of gulp bait,  t^ t^ Welcome aboard bro
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Greg7

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 01:23:27 AM »
I was out Friday morning by the railroad bridge. Just a bit of seaweed in the morning till around 10. Biggest I caught there was 17.5inches. Im a big fan of the Gulp bait. Ill have to look for you next time im out.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 01:30:27 AM »
greg,

i use gulp, swimming mullet, all differnet colors huge fan right now.. i fish towards the rock pier but still on the wall by like the restrooms and stuff.. ive fished behind the cafe but to many snags... im 20 years old, young kind, sometimes with a crooked hat on but i know what im doing lol, biggest i caught off the inlet was 24 inches last year ... love the gulp and love killies,... there is a guy there that ALWAYS fishes, his name is Ben, he wears the fishermans hat, older man, ALWAYS leaves with a keeper, seems to be very quiet, fishes on his own and doesnt want to be bothred with people, but a very nice person. Hope to see you out there, i will be in jamaica for the next week starting the 19th, we'll be back there after then, lets produce some keepers
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Greg7

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 01:33:25 AM »
Is that the guy that usually has two chairs and an umbrella set up in the parking lot? wears suspenders? I usually give that guy my killies when I leave.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 01:36:05 AM »
LOLLLLLL, yes that is him hahahahaaaaaa.. Hes kinda scary actually LOL i like get caught on his line sometimes and i can tell he's mad but hes a very nice guy, always catches good size fluke, seems like a nice man. Exactly man , hes got the umbrella set up, sits under it, eats his sandwhich, drinks his diet coke. Haha, yeah all he uses is killies. Seems like a very good fluke fisherman. I was there friday, I was with my cousin. Lotta shorts and sea robins, i did good with killies and pink swimmin mullets. did manage one keeper at 19.5 my cousin.

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2008, 07:42:29 AM »
Welcome

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline fishinfool

• Facebook Page
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 07:46:34 AM »

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 08:19:32 AM »
welcome
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2008, 09:45:57 AM »
Welcome Greg7! ;D

I sometimes fish that area as well.  Good luck!

-Bob

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »
Welcome to the site Greg7
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2008, 06:17:08 PM »
Welcome to the site Greg

What time does the inlet start to get crowded during the week?  I went past the other day around noon and it was a madhouse.

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2008, 09:24:23 PM »
Welcome Greg and Good Fishing.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 09:50:43 PM »
Welcome to the site Greg

What time does the inlet start to get crowded during the week?  I went past the other day around noon and it was a madhouse.

Probably by like 9-10 o clock. Usually got alot of people fishing there, lot of locals too. t^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 11:44:28 PM »
Welcome Greg and Good Fishing.

I usually go around 7 and its good till about 9.  At night its nice and quiet, about 10-11 or so as well.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2008, 10:37:34 AM »
Welcome Aboard Greg7,

Nice to have you aboard.  Have any questions feel free to fire away and if you can help others out jump right in any advise is always welcome.

Again Welcome aboard.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
welcome aboard greg7  grtn. i'm sure you will enjoy it here.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-