Author Topic: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 2  (Read 23376 times)

Offline adesai73

Re: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 2
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »
Paul,

Got a question for you regarding 4X4 access.  My parents just got a rav4 and naturally, I had to inquire as to whether they'd let me borrow it for IBSP.  If we filled out the paperwork, including neccessary photocopies, via mail, will they then let me drive the vehicle on the beach?  My Dad (registered owner) wouldn't be with me.

Thanks, Paul.

Ash

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 10:16:07 AM »
Here is a copy of what is needed to get a permit.  It soulds like your Father has to do the paper work but as far as you using it on the beach being it si in the family I would think it is OK.

The MSFV Permit will be issued only to the registered owner of the vehicle. Your mailed application for a MSFV Permit must include a photocopy of the vehicle owner’s registration and driver license. Those who have a leased vehicle must also include a copy of the lease document page(s) that show(s) that the vehicle is leased to the permit applicant. Those who apply for the MSFV Permit in person at the Island Beach gatehouse do not need to provide photocopies, but will be asked to present original vehicle registration, driver license and lease documents.

I hope this helped.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 05:37:54 PM »
sorry i havent been on in a day or so, my father had a heart attack yesterday morning. thank god he is ok, he will be at jersey shore hospital for a few more days.i think he is going to be ok, a major scare though he was very lucky.

we are still on for friday. i am making bunkertinis tonight. i havent had a chance to see a weather report,and not sure what the tide will be.i hope we can hook up. i havent heard back from that bait shop about the rod, but my offer still stands first shark caught over 100lbs, that person will recieve one of the surf rocket set ups we are using that night.its gonna be a blast, i hope alot of people show up. like i said we will have a fire,bait and food. but anything people could bring would be great. just got the news my father is being released in the morning, thank god.  so lets get sharkin

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 05:54:49 PM »
Sorry to hear about your dad, but glad to hear he's gonna be ok. 

Looking foward to Friday.

MMMM bunkertini. :-X

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 06:10:03 PM »
and mackeraltinis too..lol.  see ya's out there.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 06:24:56 PM »
Man what a bummer about your Dad.  It is always a good thing when they get released this early.  I am sure he will have follow up visits that should get him back on track.

My Dad was not that fortunate one day while at his desk working an a contract he had a massive heart attack and never recovered. this was about 19 years ago but you know we still miss the old guy.

I will be looking forward to meeting a bunch of new guys as well as some of the old crew. I posted this earlier about the A10 parking lot but here goes again. A10 will hold about 12 or so cars with about a 100 yard walk in.  Once on the beach just look for the herd we will be right there.

If anyone has trouble with that walk just give me a call and I will come out and pick you up.  I will be leaving about 2ish or so in the morning unless the bugs are too bad.

Make sure you bring bug spray as you never know.  Off Deep Woods works best that is what I use.  Sunday was a bear as I got bit even while airing down. the buggers did not give me time to spray up.

See you all there on Friday.

Happy Catching

Paul

IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
thanks for the kind words. my old man and i are very close, so it did mess me up. but he is ok, as much as he can be.   

cant wait for friday i need a fun night, let all this stuff go, and just have a BLAST,lol. i hope we have a big turn out.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2008, 07:49:15 PM »
o boy! just broke my blender, no more bunkertinis tonight. broke the shaft right off of it. they dont make things like they used too.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 07:57:29 PM »
HAHAHA, You might as well go and get a commercial unit the way you use that thing.

I am looking forward as well.  When Ahs and I were out it was slow again but I managed to pull out one fluke from the suds on the teaser using a Gulp shrimp in a natural color.  On the end I was using a bucktail with a 4" swimming mullet.

Should be fun but you got to try and keep the lights a little lower, them floods don't work on the beach to well.

Day        High      Tide  Height   Sunrise    Moon  Time       % Moon
           /Low      Time    Feet    Sunset                   

F    1      Low     1:56 AM    -0.4   5:55 AM    Rise  5:58 AM      0
      1     High     7:52 AM     4.8   8:09 PM     Set  8:27 PM
      1      Low     1:58 PM    -0.2
      1     High     8:09 PM     5.6

Sa   2      Low    2:45 AM    -0.5   5:56 AM    Rise  7:13 AM      0
      2      High    8:42 AM     5.0   8:08 PM     Set  8:55 PM
      2      Low    2:49 PM    -0.2
      2      High    8:56 PM     5.5

I hope it all lines up for ya...That should do just fine.  t^ grtn

Happy Catching

Paul
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 08:01:36 PM by ped579 »
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 08:03:28 PM »
the tide looks good we will have water. yeah the lights killed us last time. we will set them up back way further and keep them away from the water.as for the blender its dead......my buddy is on his way over with his wood chipper,lol. now i will have the hole block smelling like fish. rofla hhppy rofla

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »
Just looking at the tide for Fri Night, it will be high meaning very little beach will be left due to the storms that came through.  Be careful setting up.  Try to be as close to the marker as possible as the hole has narrowed a bit.

If you can try fishing in the slough you might pick up a fluke or stray striper.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2008, 10:28:34 PM »
Hey Rocketman, sorry to hear about your dad, but nice to know that he is doing good now.

Let me know how the wood chipper works on the bunker. I was thinking of getting one just for that purpose. I have heard of several people using the one from Harbour Freight with good results. Will you be chipping frozen bunker or will it be thawed?
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline bayonne

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »
good luck guys t^ if i wasnt on a chater this weekend i would join ya and as for tackle would a average surf rod do for the future mine handle 5 oz perimids with bunker chunks no problem

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2008, 11:48:07 PM »
Sorry to hear about your father.  I am glad he is doing ok...our best wishes on a healthy, speedy recovery.

As for your blender...is it still under warranty??   rofla

A wood chipper will definitely get the job done...hope you have understanding neighbors?!  hhppy

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 12:44:51 AM »
thank you all so, much it means alot. i'm sure a wood chipper would work,lol. as for harbor frieght tools, they were not made for people like me,lol.anytime i have ever used one of their tools i break them quick.people tell me they have no problems but i sure doo.lol.

now the blender soga..................
no warantey,voided that with first bunker,i break them all the time. i need to stop being cheep and buy a comercial one. i am looking for an old meat grinder, electric. anyway my aunt brought this 1922 blender over,she claimed it leaked i needed to fix it. thank god for pack rats. leak is an understatement...... nine bunker into my chummin the darn thing let loose and exploded open. i was too pissed at the time to get pics, but if i did you all would be laughing for weeks. besides myself being totally covered in chum,its was on my celing,walls,floor coverd, in my cabinets,my dog poor thing covered in bunker guts.my lady friend who was over actually threw up helping me clean up the mess. there was a piece of bone and gill plate in my mini blinds.

so................... here i am done making chum for the night, i spent over an hour cleaning up the mess,lol.i.m laughing now,but trust me was i wasnt laughing when it happned.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 12:52:42 AM »
Sounds like your lady friend is a keeper.  Especially If she stays after that.
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 12:55:06 AM »
this may be the one that got away,lol.we will see if she calls to tell me she made it home ok.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 12:55:41 AM »
 t^
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2008, 12:59:08 AM »
paul it wasnt pretty let me tell ya.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2008, 10:42:33 AM »
Tom from grumpys is giving a custom rod to the first person to burry their scale friday night with a shark caught in the surf with us.  Friday night is the new. Moon and we will have a great tide. This weeks fisherman Nick Honachefsky reports hold on tight surf casters be on the look out for brown sharks and cowrays friday night. Let's hope he is right. Sounds like perfect conditions.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-