Author Topic: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 2  (Read 23366 times)

Offline surfrocket

Re: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 2
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2008, 04:24:24 AM »
S U R F R O C K E T ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Yes it was a great night, I'm just getting home a little while ago. First I have to say; Rod, great dude and great family. Also met Eng5Lt,again great dude. Chris and Rod it was a pleasure meeting you both.Paul it was great to see you again as well. Since I have been here on this site I have met a great bunch of guys, NJSW ROCKS. When we do these big nights like this its hard for me to spend alot of time in one place. I am busy chumming it up and setting baits up and putting them out there for people. I enjoy every minute of it though. And tonight is what its all about. Great people,great times and fish.

I started by putting out a chum slick,again we flooded the surf with my famous bunkertinis. This time we did it right, about every half hour we would load up the surf. It wasn't long after we started our slick that a guy fishing just north of us,a few hundred feet or so hooked up. Eng5Lt informed me of the hook  up, so we walked over.After being thanked for my chum slick, I offered to pull the shark out of the surf for him. They had it in the wash at one point, but his buddys were leary about grabbing it. Me; I'm on it, couldn't wait to get my hands on this monster. So with our crew we followed him on his fight down the beach. And it was a fight, I have to admit I was very jealous,lol. But we were on it.After a 300 yard plus journy down the beach, which turned into a run at one point, we could finally see this shark in the breaker. It was every bit of 5 feet, probally pushing six feet. The shark finally started wearing out, and the dude on the rod was right there with him, tired. At this point the fight has been going on for atleast an hour and a half mabey even longer. I was in the wash waiting for it to come close enough to grab, it actually swam against my legs and as i went to grab it bink the line breaks. My feet were burried in the silty wash and it wasnt easy to walk especially with a big shark at your feet.The guy fighting it was beat, I'm not sure how the line broke,but the fight was great. Fighting a fish in the surf for two hours, you cant ask for more. Let me tell ya this thing faught.

After we lost the fish we headed back to our spot,and started chumming again. It wasn't long and we had two more bite offs. Now my rigs had 125# stainless toothy wire. Go figure. We also had a few bite offs before the first shark hook up. Paul being one of those bite offs. Then my buddy's wife Crystal said I got something. Again the fight was on. This time wasn't as long. She was using my rod, I was set up alot better the the guy before was. After about a half an hour I could see it in the closest breaker. So I maned up and went in and grabbed it. Talk about strong, one big muscle,lol. I dropped it once and then got it on the beach.  A 4 foot brown shark. Crystal did great,at one point this fish almost pulled her over on the beach. She was very happy with her catch, the smile on her face said it all. CRYSTAL GREAT JOB!!!!!! We took our pictures, YES  I kissed it and released it back into the surf. Paul and Chris will be posting pics. We had one more bite off after that, hung out for a bit, then headed out.At this point the tide had gone way out, we had a great high tide, but when it went out it went out, and fast too.                 

It was great to be out there with such great people. And as much as I wanted to hook up, it was even greater to put my friends on great fighting fish.                                 

I will be heading back out tomorow, much calmer night. My time to fish, hopefully I can chum them in again. Fellas lets get these pics up, and thank you all for such a geat night.

ISLAND BEACH STATE PARK BROWN SHARK FISHING SURF ROCKET STYLE, JUST A GREAT TIME.  ROD YOU ARE THE MAN WITH THIS SITE, XOXOXOXO. AND YES HE SHOWED UP WITH A YORKI, COOL LIL DOG,LOL. I'm gonna get some sleep, talk more tomorow.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2008, 04:35:05 AM »
i see we have a new member here.................

RICK,STILLCASTING; WELCOME ABOARD!!!!! ;D t^   

Rick is a buddy of mine,and great fisherman. You were missed tonight, buddy old pal. hey i understand,lol. Hey rick mabey you can boost up the yak reports, you will like it here.   chrz

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2008, 06:26:54 AM »
Excellent report on the fight. Sounds like one heck of a night. Good job to all.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2008, 07:57:59 AM »
Crystal scared as hell of her catch

Ken and Crystal...oh yeah the shark too

The back of Pauls head as Ken get ready to grab it.  You can just see the shark coming into the suds next to Paul's left arm.

Ken bringing it in

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2008, 08:22:32 AM »
Good For you Guys!!.  I knew you'd hook up!!

My Wife said.  she won't be going swimming in the ocean ever again!!..

Hahahha

Offline njdevil

• Skip work and fish.
  • Boat Name NJDEVIL
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2008, 09:14:52 AM »
Great job guys and Crystal way to show up the guys. Ken got to hand it to you going into the surf to grab the shark way to man up, takes alot of nerve to do that.

NJDEVIL  >:D
A good friend will bail you out of jail, a true friend will be sitting along side of you and say " Man that was fun"

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #86 on: August 02, 2008, 09:24:44 AM »
here are a few random pics. i really didnt get to take many.  paul and rod should have some up here soon.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #87 on: August 02, 2008, 09:32:38 AM »
Great job guys and Crystal way to show up the guys. Ken got to hand it to you going into the surf to grab the shark way to man up, takes alot of nerve to do that.

NJDEVIL  >:D
thanks buddy, i had my superman shirt on it was all good,lol.Crystal did a great job,i am so happy for her.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #88 on: August 02, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
Congrats on the nice catch!!  Sounds like a great night.

TT^

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #89 on: August 02, 2008, 10:02:43 AM »
very nice catch.. t^ t^
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2008, 10:05:32 AM »
Really a great time!!

A must do for all..

next one..  lets really load up the beach!!..  even if your not Fishing.  it's a blast!!

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2008, 12:01:01 PM »
yes we are going to do it again. its a great time, even away from the fishing part,sitting around the fire, kids cooking smores and hot dogs. no-one gets roudy, there is no drama. i hope next time we can get more familys out there, and have a great night. all the kids got to touch the shark, and really be apart of the night. this is what its all about, family and friends enjoying the beach and each other. Al will be sending me more pics the kids took throught the night, and i will get them up here.the kids would like to do it again before they have to back to school, mabey in two weeks we will do it again.

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2008, 12:33:50 PM »
aaarrrggghhhh!!  rgmn rgmn !! I am so Jealous.....I hate having responsibilities such as working! Anyway, I am glad you all had a good time and I am sorry I missed round two! Maybe round three will be me in the hotseat! Ken, thanks for calling me and telling me about the trip. It was bittersweet, but You worked hard both times and this time it was bound to happen! Let me know as soon as you make plans for the third trip. Next time I just might have to be sick that night! It is much easier to call out when I havn't already asked half of the hospital to work for me!!!  chrz
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline Rick,stillcasting

« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2008, 01:12:59 PM »
thanx for the welcoming guys,, Glad to see more action showed up and pictures. Crystal, great to see you brought the fins onto the beach! Ken, thanx for communicating w/ me last night. 

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2008, 10:25:44 PM »
great report, sorry i missed it.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline brickken

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
 whs
hope to make the next one...
Ken

"The Taylor Vee"
Wellcraft Coastal 360

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2008, 12:37:57 AM »
My wife had such a great time.  she wants to bring the whole family next time.. Count me in for about 10 next time t^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008, 09:30:58 AM »
sounds great rod.

I said i was going back out yesterday evening,and i did. I headed out about 6 pm, got on the beach and set myself up. I was waiting to meet Al and some other friends. Within ten minutes of being there I was hooked up. It was a give and take fight that lasted about 45 minutes. My friends showed up in the middle of the fight.There was a pretty decent crowed by this time around me, familys that had been there for a while. One lady said thats got to be a big striper,look at that pole kids. I told her its not a striper its a shark. Kids stay out of the water she said!!!! i was laughing, but did have my hands full. It faught hard, but I was expecting more, after watching the ones last night.I finally got him in the wash,pole in one hand shark in the other. Landed my first one. It is great action when the striper bite is slow,a must try for any surf caster. Any ways I hooked up again about an hour or two later faught that one for about an hour. It was too dark and i was too wet to get my phone out to get pics of that one, i was beat. not much sleep the last few days and the second one kicked my butt. here is a few pics of the first one, about 4 feet or so. the second was bigger,by mabey a foot or so.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008, 09:35:32 AM »
One lady said thats got to be a big striper,look at that pole kids. I told her its not a striper its a shark. Kids stay out of the water she said!!!!

rofla  hhppy

Nice catch!!

TT^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »
we are getting ready for round three of sharks in the surf.  this is going to be our biggest bash on the beach yet.  get the familys togeather and get ready for another night of fun. hope to see everyone out there.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-