Author Topic: NJ Kayak Fishing Forum  (Read 61975 times)

Offline flyguide

• Frank Healy World
Re: NJ Kayak Fishing Forum
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 06:54:35 PM »
Hi SeaFlea Hi guys
Looks nice here. Might stick around awhile chrz
Posting is easy and concise.
I am laid up with a shoulder injury right now but I am watching. SeaFlea thanks for the site.
Flyguide
I fished most of my life.
The rest I just wasted

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 07:48:41 PM »
Hi Fluguide,

Welcome Aboard, nice to have you on line.  Hope you enjoy all we have to offer and if you do not see something shoot any Admin a PM or Rod aka HotRod for that matter. and we can bat it around.

This Kayak Forum is brand new and we are looking for any info you can add.  We love to share info on here so I hope you can get used to not being dumped on for spot burning as it goes on all the time.  Thank goodness.

Again Welcome Aboard.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
Hey Flyguide.. Welcome aboard..  Yak away t^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 10:21:12 PM »
Welcome aboard Flyguide. Looking forward to your posts/reports.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
Hey... flyguide - good to hear from you!  grtn Glad you too found the site!  Good bunch of people here. Couple familiar faces... Need to get some info up on the board about kayak fishing so I'll be picking some brains & askin' for help! chrz  Now we need that short sh-+; er, um, "vertically challenged gentlemen" to make his appearance...

hey dak, lookit what followed me home...    rofla

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 02:31:35 AM »
Welcome to all of you new guys....can't wait to see the new posts about the Kayaking end of this sport we all love. I also look forward to hearing more reports from down South here! Where do all you guys do your Kayak fishin?
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:22:58 AM »
Past couple seasons we've been hanging around the back side of Sandy Hook (Spermaceti & Horseshoe Coves) but with today's gas prices there are a few of us who are starting to scout out Wreck Inlet, Absecon Inlet, Absecon Bay & the waters around Tuckerton. Looking for areas that most powerboats can't get to...
We've also been known to launch off the surf when the conditions are right.
I know I'm looking forward to getting into the southern waters & posting up catching reports!

Offline DAK

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 01:25:04 PM »
Hey I recognize you guys. Good job Flea, the more the merrier. Welcome herder and flyguide! grtn I think you will find this place very accomodating. Rod created this yaking forum just cause I asked him if there was one. I'm in the middle of writing a yak fishing primer - please feel free to post any contributions I can paste in, or point out any screw-ups, untruths, omissions, etc.

Hopefully we can use this forum to help convert some folks over to the dark side. With gas prices the way they are, that shouldn't be hard.
This boy is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice...

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 03:18:01 PM »
Welcome Herder and Flyguide!!  I think you will enjoy it here.  Look forward to reading your posts!

TT^

Offline RobbieR

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 09:12:28 AM »
New guy here. See a couple of old kayak friends that have posted here. I really like this site and will gladly share info with the group.Look forward to your reports.

Seaflea and I fished the backside of Brigantine last Sunday. We managed to get 2 nice keeper fluke on the NJ "surf and turf" hi low rig. Pink gulp on the high also produced a bunch of shorts. All fish caught a low tide.Hope to get out again this Sunday evening and have another great fish dinner on Monday and Tuesday. I'm off to Seattle( Widby Island) on Wednesday on my wifes business trip and won't be back for the  following weekend.

My memory of last August was that we caught a bunch of brown sharks and threshers about 1/4 mile offshore Brigantine on live snagged bunker. It was a blast not seeing an 80lb fish for 20 minutes while the drag was screeming. False albies and cocktail blues also were present so you need to have one rod ready to go.Hope to do it again this August. chrz
RobbieR
"I swim with the fishes."

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2008, 09:18:04 AM »
Welcome Robbie.. Thanks for joining us..  please.. make yourself at home t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 01:19:09 PM »
Welcome Robbie.  Nice catch and thanks for the info!  Enjoy your vacation.  Will you be doing any fishing out there??

TT^

Offline RobbieR

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 02:30:02 PM »
I don't think I'll be fishing in Seattle this time. I used to live there and in Alaska as a kid and caught more fish in 4 years then I will in my whole adult life. I may watch them toss a few salmon around in Pikes market.

I will however be taking a 1 hour test flight ( as a passanger)in a Ea-6B prowler at the Naval air station at Whidby Island.
RobbieR
"I swim with the fishes."

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2008, 03:30:27 PM »
Real cool aircraft, I love electronic warfare... t^
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2008, 06:06:20 PM »
Nice!  I would love to do some fishing out there.  Maybe one day??  I don't think I could handle being a passenger in one of those!

Enjoy!

TT^  slt

Offline Rick,stillcasting

« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2008, 08:54:25 PM »
I first went for a beach launch around 7:30 this morning,,perfect conditions w/ a west wind,foot high lappers,,got my yak(hobie outback w/ wheels)to waters edge down at Ortley beach and can't explain it, I just didn't feel good about it,,no boats/yaks outfront,a few beach oddities fishing,, I just sat on my yak and looked,looking odd myself,decided against it,,drove back to Point Pleasant inlet and watched guys catching shorts on corner along w/ the K-Mart specials fishing, God bless them they'll learn if they stay at it,, I finally left and launched for river/tribs,, caught alot of fluke on killies/squid, 1 1/2 oz,biggest 15",saw alot of bait pods not sure what they were,snappers were abundent though didn't have set-up 2 catch them,,tide was incoming stayed till outgoing both tides produced action,was easy fishing,very little boat traffic.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2008, 10:24:27 PM »
Nice report!!  Sounds like a fun day YAK fishing.  Funny, how it is always best to go with your gut no matter what.

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2008, 11:24:09 PM »
Those feelings should never be overlooked.  Good going... t^
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline DAK

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2008, 08:37:47 AM »
Sounds like a nice easy day fishing, I like them. This reminds me, though, by this time of year the snappers are usually ravaging my baits, making confetti out of my $1.50 a piece gulps. I ain't had one so far, where they at? Not complaining...just wondering.
This boy is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice...

Offline Paul

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 06:15:00 AM »
Hey Guys, great forum! I just joined yesterday while researching kayak saftey. I am picking up my firsy Yak this week...Hobie Outback Mirage. Looking forward to getting some fish on board soon. I mainly fish around Cape May, and then the freshwaters up in PA. Anyone down near Cape May? I have Stripers on my mind... ;)

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-