Author Topic: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 3 FAMILY FUN NIGHT.  (Read 21777 times)

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
Re: SHARKS IN THE SURF PART 3 FAMILY FUN NIGHT.
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2008, 01:34:20 AM »
Hey everyone...I am so sorry to have once again missed the trip, although it sounded alot like the first one only with a brighter moon and more people. I was ready to go when life took over and changed my plans for me.  5hrug I will try again next time you guys go. Glad to hear that you all had fun anyway!
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

Offline RocksandReds

« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2008, 01:49:29 AM »
Here are a couple toothy critters my son and I caught two saterdays ago, small but fun!!

No fish to big or to small,anytime anywhere!You bring the bait I'll bring the Coffee.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »
Nice sharks!!  Hard to tell from the pics, what kind are they??

By the way, WELCOME ABOARD!!

grtn

TT^

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2008, 05:37:58 AM »
Nice Pics..  Welcome to the Site t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2008, 06:41:48 AM »
welcome... where did you catch'em
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline RocksandReds

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2008, 03:24:27 PM »
Hello! Thank you, The fist is my son with a sand tiger, and the second is me with a sandbar. They were both caught of off Asseteague Island VA. We are going back to try it this weekend.I'm waiting on the Bull reds.

Chris
No fish to big or to small,anytime anywhere!You bring the bait I'll bring the Coffee.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #86 on: August 26, 2008, 04:44:14 PM »
Cool Chris t^

Offline Greg7

« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2008, 05:28:07 PM »
t^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2008, 09:01:54 PM »
great catches,i'm sure alot of fun ;D. good luck on your trip.

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2008, 07:56:24 PM »
took a buddy of mine out last night just kinda playin around. i had made up a bunch of chunked baits in the hope of scoring some blues,and we did good. not any big chompers but some nice fishing. i learned another fishing lesson though. dont fish for sharks with someone who is scared to death of them. i had some big baits to put out as well,seeing if there were still any sharks out there and the answer is yes they are. i had a big one on,about a half hour or so to get him in the wash. 6 footer easily, i'm being modest. my chicken buddy swears it was a 12 footer. not right now fritzy,its not jaws but it is big. i asked him to grab it for me,you would have thought i asked him to jump in front of a moving mac truck. we argued back and forth for a few before he agreed to take the rod. we made the switch i told him dont give he any slack and headed in after him. whats he do.... slacks the line,and he breaks off. so here i am in the water trying to grab this fish,yelling at my buddy the whole time, i couldn't do it.he was beat but not beaten. i think it was a sand tiger,crazy wild teeth. dont fish for sharks if your buddy is scared....i finally calmed down but this was my monster catch man.so again here i am close but no cigar. my new rod is sweet though, got a 10 foot tica after my rod got broken our last party night. mabey this weekend i will try again.

Offline RocksandReds

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »
took a buddy of mine out last night just kinda playin around. i had made up a bunch of chunked baits in the hope of scoring some blues,and we did good. not any big chompers but some nice fishing. i learned another fishing lesson though. dont fish for sharks with someone who is scared to death of them. i had some big baits to put out as well,seeing if there were still any sharks out there and the answer is yes they are. i had a big one on,about a half hour or so to get him in the wash. 6 footer easily, i'm being modest. my chicken buddy swears it was a 12 footer. not right now fritzy,its not jaws but it is big. i asked him to grab it for me,you would have thought i asked him to jump in front of a moving mac truck. we argued back and forth for a few before he agreed to take the rod. we made the switch i told him dont give he any slack and headed in after him. whats he do.... slacks the line,and he breaks off. so here i am in the water trying to grab this fish,yelling at my buddy the whole time, i couldn't do it.he was beat but not beaten. i think it was a sand tiger,crazy wild teeth. dont fish for sharks if your buddy is scared....i finally calmed down but this was my monster catch man.so again here i am close but no cigar. my new rod is sweet though, got a 10 foot tica after my rod got broken our last party night. mabey this weekend i will try again.

Been there done that, it gets dark they wont go near the water,wont hold the rod affraid it will pull them in,can't hold the light in the right place.Know exactly how your feeling ;D

Offline Greg7

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2008, 11:15:50 PM »
Wish I was there to see that. Good luck this weekend. t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2008, 11:16:22 PM »
Nice catch from the beach!!  Most action I have heard all week!!  At least you got to see how big it was.  Those sand tigers can be pretty aggressive.

rofla hhppy I am picturing in my mind, you and your buddy fishing and what he is doing that isn't helping you...worse than fishing with kids.  At least they are still learning and not scared of the fish!!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2008, 11:33:26 PM »
It sounds like a great time until the party got started.  I feel your pain. 

My daughter was at the park today with her boy friend and his mother and said that there was bait all over the place with plenty of grass and jellies.  They had to get out and shower them off a couple of times.  Little suckers.

I can't wait to get out there again.  I have been so busy this week I have not been able to even put the rack back on the front of the Expedition.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2008, 05:49:30 AM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Greg7

« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 10:54:07 PM »
Got a date yet for Part 4 this year?! Will there be a part 4?

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2009, 08:39:19 PM »
there will be a sharks in the surf night this year. sorry i havent been on the board for a while,my life has been pretty crazy this past year. we are shooting for the 2nd to last week in august. i will be posting info shortly. i miss all my friends on here and am looking forward to seeing you all soon and meeting new people as well. i will also be doing personal guided trips the last two weeks in august and the first two weeks of september alot of people have been emailing me asking me if i would do trips. i get laid off the end of august so this will work out good. i will be back on here soon with more details shortly. rod give me a call so we can go over some details. miss you guys see you soon.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:16 PM »
 w00t  This is a BLAST.. and will be huge this year  t^

Offline surfrocket

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »
there will be 2 nights. the first night being aug 15 its a friday night. details to come

Offline ChrisL

• Super Hero Member
    • Oak Lane Woodworks
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2009, 08:50:48 AM »
Try again there buddy.  14th is fri.  15th is sat.   5hrug

Either way....I can't wait.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-