Author Topic: Absecon Island Updates !  (Read 11607 times)

Offline clamhead

Absecon Island Updates !
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »
I'm new to the NJ Saltwater Fisherman home and new to the forum. I haven't seen many recent posts, reporting any activity from Absecon Island area surf fishing. I would love to hear from a few about what's going on and where? I've checked the tide chart and I'll be heading out late afternoon for the tide change.  t^

Offline mgm

Re: Absecon Island Updates !
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »
Welcome aboard...there are a few members who post from down south, so you will be hearing from them.

Let us know how you make out today!
" The press should be not only a collective propagandist and a collective agitator, but also a collective organizer of the masses. "

Offline Uncle Luna

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:56:30 AM »
Welcome aboard.
Member Team Luna Sea 4

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »
welcome.. I am not from that area, but there are other that would gladly help you out.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
Welcome  t^ grtn

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2008, 04:49:49 PM »
Welcome Clamhead..  There are members that should chim in soon t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2008, 05:53:08 PM »
Welcome!  Nice to see some more southern members.

grtn

TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:09 PM »
Welcome. Not many from the south, but the numbers are growing.  t^

Good luck this afternoon. Looking forward to your report.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline clamhead

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 11:38:01 AM »
Thank You All, for the warm Welcome. I'm looking forward to hearing from some of the southern surf fishers, maybe they can give me a few pointers. It's been many years since I had a rod & reel in my hand (kids, family, ect) it's nice to get back into it. I've picked up some nice gear from Digital Dagger, FJ Cruiser loves the beach, now just to get some of that there striper on my plate. 5hrug

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 01:42:43 PM »
Welcome Clamhead,

Sorry I don't get down that way to often but reading the beach is just about the same all over.  There is an article about this subject that could help you out no matter where you live.

As far as catching fish just read the chatter on the site and in the Fall it will be coming your way in other words from the North to South only with a little time delay of a week or two.

In the Spring we will be watching your posts to see what you guys are catching down your way as the migration will be from the South to North.

But I have to warn you the Striped Bass last year did not cooperate with NJ surfers and stayed off shore and bypassed us for the most part.  EWach year is different and the times are different as sell.  This year the run seems to have started early which is a good thing and it is slow but for the most part steady.

The bass that are being caught were caught on clams but that bite has slowed down quite a bit.  I am looking at switching to small AVA's that mimic the sand eels in sizes from 007 to 117 and maybe to A27's.  The A47's or larger are to big this time of year off the surf.

Good Luck

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline mako15

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »
Be sure to let us know if you have success (or not), don't need to give specific location but baits that are working etc would help others - and if fishermen/boaters don't help each other tghen NOBOBDY will.  ;)Mako 15

Offline mako15

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
Clams MMMMMMMM! Oh yeah fishing. I fish ( mostly from one of my boats ) that area a lot usually - not the past 2 years due to !%!%!% stuff. Gew up in Port Republic ( learn to swim, clam THEN learn how to walk!!! hhppyCheck out fishingreportsnow. com and scottsbaitandtackle.com ( or google these if I've screwed up the URL's ). Usually reports from the south end of LBI/Beach Haven like Betty and Nicks will hold true for Absecon Island. So far this year I've mostly heard of short fluke, kingfish, croakers, dogfish etc in the surf - If catching small go with lighter tackle to increase the fun - sometimes the fish are right in the wash not way off  some sandbar. Hope this helps. Ray S aka Mako15

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-