Author Topic: Fishing location  (Read 7749 times)

Offline mrshibbles

Fishing location
« on: October 24, 2008, 09:29:23 AM »
I live in Pomona and am looking for a free pier to fish from. I am new to saltwater fishing so any help or suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Fishing location
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 09:48:33 AM »
Welcome to the site......I am guessing you are looking for South Jersey Locations.....In my area there is the Keansburg Fishing Pier and Port Monmouth Fishing Pier (Monmouth Co-Raritan Bay)

I am sure the S Jersey folks will help out

Good Luck t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 11:57:33 AM »
Welcome Aboard mrshibbles,

You are close to a number of good fishing areas accessible by foot.  First do you know your way around the area.  For instance if I mentioned 7 Bridges Road (Great Bay Boulevard) in Tuckerton would you know where I was talking about?

That area has a number of good fishing creeks this time of year now that the bugs are almost non existent.  It is all salt water and easy access.

If you make a right at Radio Road and go all the way to the end you will come to one of the best Spring time fishing spots for early striped bass around, Graveling Point.

If you take E. Bay Ave in Barnegat and go out a mile or so you will come across a big parking area on your right with a board walk suitable for fishing and or crabbing.

I am sure the guys down your way will jump in soon and give you a few more spots to start.

Good Luck

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:32:18 PM »
Welcome to the site

I think they are more South Paul  Like Absecon / Atlantic City.  I'll point Sean here he's the master of that area.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 04:59:51 PM »
If he lives in Pamona that is where Stockton College is where I went to college and not that far I thought I would give some places a little north and let the others add to the list...
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
well, there's Oyster Creek...until they shut it down again. Barnegat Inlet. anywhere on LBI.
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline seanr8w

• Can't Cast..Can't Fish.. I guess I Caught a 22
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 04:57:11 PM »
Hello and Welcome to the site. Sorry it took me a few days to sign in but I have been crazy busy. You are in Pamona so you are pretty close to some nice piers that I have posted a little info on already. Out of those, I would have to say that Longport Pier is my favorite pier, but Atlantic City has the nicest and Safest Jetty. Let me know how you make out. I wish you luck and maybe we can meet there someday and drown some clams. Give me a shout if you need anything.  chrz
"Last year I went fishing with Salvador Dali. He was using a dotted line. He caught every other fish....."
Steven Wright

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-