Author Topic: Spring v.s. fall stripers  (Read 19662 times)

Offline captainbailey

Re: Spring v.s. fall stripers
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 02:07:10 AM »
Another part to this topic - where?

I hear that the surf and inlets are prime areas to hit in the fall, but how far into the back and up the rivers will the fall run stripers go? Obviously they are not spawning, so we won't be finding them all the way up in the fresh, but how far back do they go? Also, I guess you can still find the residents in the rivers come Oct - Nov? ???

I always tend to pick the real big fish in the fall from pretty deep waters. Sandy hook channel, terminal, and off the beaches. The exception of course are those blitzes ;D
Z

Offline gjb1969

Re: Spring v.s. fall stripers
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 08:52:28 PM »
i do much better in the spring its still cold not to many people out yet i can look around and find the fish with on one to get the way just the way i like so no fussing and cussing and were i like to fish the bunker snuck in early cus last year the reports all were the same no bait yet i just had some good luck  chrz chrz i hope it turns out the same way TT^ TT^
dirty water angler

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-