Author Topic: "Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to L.B.I 11/16  (Read 1977 times)

Offline Fishonw/Ron

• Sponsor
    • Custom Boat lettering
"Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to L.B.I 11/16
« on: November 16, 2008, 08:46:31 PM »
Hungry schools of blues are dominating the shore line from 5 to 15 lbs. Despite some wet weather find the birds and jig away. Anglers from Pt. Pleasant all he way to L.B.I are chasing the birds and pounding away at hungry blues and the occasional striped bass. Blues blitzed the beaches for as far as the eye can see early in the week The full moon and a slight drop in water temperature turned on the blitz and should continue into late December.

With sand eels and rain fish balled up along the shore boaters and surf anglers jigged away from both sides. The action continues to thrive with both top water action along the surf and jigging action with hundreds of boats from Sandy Hook to LBI.

Wayne Smith,Tony Sgotto,Craig Dixon & Jimmy Granito scored a few keepers trolling with yellow shads and enough blue fish to keep their arms sore for a few days. The crew worked a mile off shore out of Shark River Inlet and worked their way south following the action.

Mike Silva, John Jorgensen and Joe Haffner hit fish from Pt. Pleasant to the Sea Side Heights Pier on Croc lures and jigs. Early in the week, the crew said they fought mostly blue fish continuously from 8am to 3pm with just 2 keeper bass for the dinner table. It is not that the bass are not around they just cannot keep up with the swarming schools of blue fish said Captain Mike Silva. Captain Mike and crew lost count and time after playing catch and release with dozens of blues the entire day.

Patrons aboard The Gambler and  5hrug***** Robin jigged away close to the shore line and have been on bass and blues all week. Now is a great time to take a day off and join the action. Check out the Gambler and ***** Robin for a day of fishing you won’t forget...

Captain Matt on the Norma KIII continues to load up on ling and black fish. Tuesday-Sunday the Norma K III will be bottom fishing 3/4 day from 8am-2:30pm. Fri, Sat, and Sun Magic Hour trips for Ling from 3pm-9pm and Thanksgiving 3/4 day Black fishing from 8-1:30ish. Check out Captain Matt and his Magic hours at www.NORMAK.com

Stay on top of weather and local fishing reports in real time at www.njsaltwaterfisherman.com

Rod Did You Know?  5hrug  rofla
***** Robin is a U.S. pop-rock band, mostly popular in the 1980s, particularly in Europe where they were to become famous. The band was founded by singer-songwriter Peter Kingsbery in 1982, split up in 1990, and was reformed in 2006.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 09:15:44 PM by Fishonw/Ron »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: "Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to LBI 11/14
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
Nice report as always Ron.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: "Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to L.B.I 11/14
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 08:53:59 PM »
Hahah..  You triggered the word censor on the ....robin..lol  i can only guess the word t^ ( a male roster?)  ( To hit someone?)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: "Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to L.B.I 11/14
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 08:54:46 PM »
Great report!

TT^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: "Fish On" Blues & Bass Pt. Pleasant to L.B.I 11/16
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2008, 11:48:16 PM »
Thanks for the report Ron.  This past week was pretty good as I was getting reports left and right.  I was fighting the stomach virus for a while and I tried to get out but was only forced back.  I am hoping to get out on Monday for a short time.

Thanks again

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 06:43:02 AM »
Ron I responded to your email, lemme know what you want to do  t^

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 08:18:35 PM »
Nice Report Ron,             Kock Robin work?
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:32:49 PM »
Yeah, that worked!  ;D  Great report Ron! t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-