Author Topic: Who wants to catch Bass  (Read 3135 times)

Offline SharkHart

Who wants to catch Bass
« on: November 19, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »
The formula is easy right now.  The one thing I have learned over the years is the effectiveness of a good NW blow.  So the next several days should be great potential.

Fish between Mantalooking and IBSP at first light (seems best now) and sun down.

Toss a ava17 or Deadly dicks or castmaster with a teaser about 24-32" above, seems like any works now.

If low tide wade out to the bar, cast as far as you can, i have heard many people shrug that off and say they get all their fish in the wash, but not so with sand eels.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Who wants to catch Bass
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:15:49 PM »

If low tide wade out to the bar, cast as far as you can, i have heard many people shrug that off and say they get all their fish in the wash, but not so with sand eels.

Keep in mind, some of them fish you get in the wash may have started to follow your lure while out in the deep.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline SharkHart

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:48:19 PM »
If i didnt make it clear, the action was on there yesterday.  nothing big for me or others around me but everyone seemed to catch some fish.

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 03:00:32 PM »
Good post Sharkhart.  I agree that is a good recipe for late fall success along the beach.  I used to fish Brick Beach a lot using an Ava jig/ Red Gill teaser combo at this time of the year (and later).  I haven't scored many big fish doing that, but as you say the action can be very consistent. t^

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:01:33 PM »
Catching fish on the outside of the first bar is quite a chore for 99% of the people that surf fish.  I for one do not enjoy slinging lead out that far all the time.  I am one of those that have caught the majority of all my fish inside the bar and for the most part in the wash.  Have you ever tried to get a fly out that far using a fly rod?  All kidding aside, if you can get out that far its great but I physically can't so I have to be smarter than the average fish (which for the most part the fish usually wins).

It is not hard at all if you know where the structure is and allow that to work for you.  You might out fish me some days out there, and that is great but for the most part I catch fish on a slow but steady basis and as I am C&R only it works for me.  I am out there to have fun, meet new people and listen to fish tales.  Don't get me wrong I love to catch fish to but when I have to try to get to the outer bar it better have a drink on it.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 06:08:51 PM »
Great post...I also am not so successful geting out that far with casts.  Occassionally on low tide, I will venture out some distance.  However, I tend to fish solo and don't like being so far out with no cushion to get out of trouble.  I also seem to end up fishing the incoming, instead of the outgoing.

TT^

Offline SharkHart

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 08:54:27 PM »
The thing is with all this NW  the trough is like knee deep and the bar is very close, certain areas more so then others.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 09:10:07 PM »
Great post Sharkhart t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »
The thing is with all this NW  the trough is like knee deep and the bar is very close, certain areas more so then others.

That is true...

I did notice this the last time I was out on Brick Beach.  I was able to wade out almost 50 feet.  Couldn't stay out long b/c tide was coming in and it was getting dark.

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-