Written by Rod Houck
Tuesday, 23 October 2012 08:17
NJ Boater Safety Card Replacement.
Replacing your NJ Boater Safety Certificate if it's been lost or damaged.
Only New Jersey State issued boating safety certificates can be replaced by the Marine Services Bureau. Certificates issued by other states, the United States Coast Guard, the United States Power Squadron, or any other agency can not be re-issued by the Marine Services Bureau.
The preferred means of communication with the Marine Services Bureau regarding certificate replacement is via e-mail, this will allow us to serve you in the most efficient means possible. E-mail requests should be sent to
, scanned copies of the below information must be in .jpg/.bmp format or in a Microsoft word document. If it is not possible to e-mail your request you can request a replacement certificate by writing to:
NJSP BSC Replacement
West Trenton, NJ 08628-0068
Requests may also be FAX'd to (609) 882-8110. Please be certain all of the information FAX'd is clearly legible.
Requests must include the following information;
1. Full legal name, in the case of a legal name change you must include your full legal name as it appeared on your original certificate as well as your current legal name, proof of name change(marriage certificate etc.) .
2. Complete address, in the case of a address change you must include your address as it appeared on your original certificate as well as your current address.
3. Identification and proof of address e.g., photocopy of drivers license etc.
4. Certificate number as it appears on your certificate( if known).
5. Home telephone with area code, daytime phone number with area code and an e-mail address.
6. Indicate the reason for requesting a replacement boating safety certificate. (Examples: Lost, Damaged, etc.).