Author Topic: Manasquan Inlet 7/20  (Read 1395 times)

Offline wink_man

Manasquan Inlet 7/20
« on: July 20, 2008, 03:37:32 PM »
Took a little scouting trip down to Manasquan Inlet looking for friends, to glean a little information as to what is going on. Passed the fishing area at the Mantaloking bridge, parking full and standing room only. Lost9340 was there last night with a friend, and they filled a bushel with good sized crabs in about 2 hours. Plenty of traffic from the Mantaloking Bridge to the inlet. Point Pleasant is swelled way past it's limit with people, LOL, and there is no parking at the inlet, every space was taken. Many people fishing killies for fluke, did not see anyone catching anything. Boat traffic was moderate to heavy at the inlet. Spoke to Chris on the phone, and he got another gator blue, and one about 7-8 pounds in the canal yesterday, livelining bergalls.
Winds were west at the inlet when I was there, but I noticed they were south when I went over the Mantaloking Bridge. There was a front moving in, that could have been the cause of the shifting winds. Picked up some good info from a clamdigger whom I respect about bass feeding habits in the canal, I'll post it in the canal sticky. Didn't see any other friends, so I can't much tell whats been happenning, but it is about time to be doing good on fluke in the wash early mornings with 4 inch white gulp swimming minnows on a jighead. Course with the consistent south winds, it's probably not the case yet. Just observations on my part.

Garry

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Manasquan Inlet 7/20
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
Thanks for the report!  Mantoloking Bridge seems to be a hot spot.  I honestly didn't know that it was a fishing/crabbing spot until reading on the lists.  Between the heat and the tourists, I have not gone out at all this weekend to do anything near the shore.  I saw how packed the beaches were this weekend and knew any place that I fish or crab would be packed as well!  Good thing is it s 4pm on Sunday...they will all be leaving very soon!

Thanks

TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 04:16:20 PM »
Good info Garry.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 05:16:49 PM »
 t^
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-