Author Topic: What we do when we are not fishing!  (Read 1168 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
What we do when we are not fishing!
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:09:45 PM »
 grtn
Master of the forest:
My very good friend, Tony Baker, and I decided it was time to put some pork in the freezer. We prefer natural, nothing artificial, very lean, Florida wild hogs over their domestic brothers and sisters. Time was critical for both of us. Where, on a one day hunt, could we possibly expect to even see a hog in the wild? We decided to, once again, give Tiger Island Outfitters a try. Tiger Island, located in Cedar Key, Florida, is under fence; however, the hogs are free running in a large oak hammock. They are not only cunning, but experts at survival. They know every trick in the book. Hogs, fenced or no fence, dogs or no dogs, corn feeders or no corn feeders, are a challenge to even the most experienced hunter. Hogs, are highly recognized as one of the smartest animals in the woods, with a nose to match. What will it take to, "outsmart" this master of the forest?  Bob Harbison

Tony Baker (L), Bob Harbison & one of our guides, Brian Pritchard

Tony Baker supervises our guides, Josh Glidewell & Brian Pritchard

Tiger Island owner, Crichton Allen (L) Brian, Bob, & Tony

The taste of wild corn fed hogs defies the imagination. Look at this good old Southern favorite:
Corn fed wild hog steaks, brown rice, garlic bread, Florida  bananas: I have the trees in my back yard:   Bob H.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 02:50:06 PM by harbison »

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-