Author Topic: Grown men brought to their knees  (Read 4186 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Grown men brought to their knees
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:57:43 PM »
  clp   :thumbsup:  :USA  :thumbsup:  Labor day weekend is a very special time of the year. As we prepare to leave one season and get ready to enjoy another, we give thanks to the working men and women of this great country. We work to achieve our own version of the American dream. We are free to live our lives as and where we see fit. We are America; we are free! We cherish this freedom even above life itself. So many have and are willing to pay the ultimate price so that we will remain forever free. In recognition of their service, their dedication, Hubbard's Marina sponsored a morning fishing trip with Captain Frank on the Friendly Fisherman. Please take a special moment to pay tribute to the following Coast Guard members who joined us in celebrating our Labor day; our freedom: Mr. Dereck B. Calhoun, Mr. Kevin M. Gill, Mr. Jeremy Eostmead, Mr. Franco Yug, Mr. Chris Gilboney, Mr. Omar Rivera, Mr. Alberto Sanchez, Ms. Raneata Lemke, Mr. Brian D. Teel, Mr. Tom Murry, Mr. Kevin Harvey. Open wide John's Pass bridge. Our Coast Guard is on a mission, a mission to catch fish:
  Can these men of the sea actually catch fish. Mister Kevin Harvey, USCG, shows Roger, Hubbard's office manager, how it's done:
 These patriotic Americans autograph a Hubbard's T shirt for us; what a treasure: Ok! It is now time to kick off our celebration with a thirty nine hour excursion to the Northern boundaries of the fabulous Florida Middle Grounds, where the big boys play. We want to see 'Grown men brought to their knees' by the mighty amber jack.
Can this fish, this power-house actually force young muscular men to their knees? Join me as we find out together. There is always so much to see and do around John's Pass. Just look at the beautiful bird sitting on that piling: Early Saturday morning, mangrove snapper time. Look at that smile on Ms. Kinda Bush. Kinda was born in Washington State, lived most of her life in Wyoming, and is now a resident of Madeira Beach. Kinda is one happy woman to  be a Floridian: The bite was slow, but many impressive mangos paid for their breakfast: Mister Craig Scott, Regular's Club member, is proud of Middle Ground size vermilion snapper: Breakfast time, Tammy time. Hot biscuits & country gravy, eggs, and hash browns. How better to issue in the morning: The AJ's want their breakfast: The bite is slow, but many very nice fish hit the deck: Hold on! What has Rich got himself into now? Mister Sipple is in his battle stance; not yet on his knees, but not far from it: The mighty AJ is taking the battle to Richard. On & on goes the great fight. Rich is now on the bow of the Florida with no end in sight. Suddenly, without warning, the line goes limp, shark attack. One bite is all it took. Even Captain Bryon is amazed: Man! These things are getting serious: Craig, congratulations: (Watch Craig's great battle in the video at the end) Mister Rick Martus, Dolton IL., Sir, bet you are glad you had that electric reel for our Florida fish:

Mister Stover, Brandon, Florida can be proud of you:
Who is doing all of that screaming? Mister Ronnie McCune, Lutz, Florida, what's going on? This can't be a fish; I have hooked a run-a-way freight train. On & on goes the great battle. The winner is in doubt! Finally, color...the dark color of a huge cobia. Quick Joe, please gaff this beast before it takes off again. Joe to the rescue. (Be sure to catch the great fight on video) Ice cold water melon. Is there really any wonder why we think so much of Tammy? Mister Randy Stover, Brandon, Florida, That's a porgy to be proud of: The gags are ready to join the party: Captain Bryon is so proud of us: Well, it's been a long, most productive day. Finally! the sun sinks into the Western horizon We are tired and hungry. Time for a great Mexican dinner, a hot shower, and a good nights sleep. Those bunks are calling out to us. Madeira Beach is still a very long ways away. We will be good and rested by morning. Ok! Let's take a look at our catch. The Florida carries a couple thousand pounds of crushed ice. Talk about cold fish! None colder; none better: Mister Craig Scott, a Florida Fisherman 'Regular,' did extremely well: Fish like that draws a great deal of attention. Even Mister Dylan Hubbard can't believe his eyes: In the money jack pot winners. Craig won both the snapper & grouper catagories: It's a good thing Will & Joe are so good at cleaning fish. We sure provide plenty of opportunities: Will we actually ever see, 'Grown men brought to their knees by the mighty amber jack?' Can this fish, this power-house, actually force young muscular men to their knees? Craig, what do you think? The mighty fish of the Florida Middle Grounds left a trail of busted lines, straighten out hooks, and broken rods. This battle is far from over. Watch the video, 'Grown men brought to their knees.' You wont believe your eyes. (Click on the link) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0tXMofuZis

Everyone who has been on the Florida Fisherman ll, or who has read my threads, knows what Tammy means to all of us. She is much more than our chef; she is our nurse, mother figure, and a good shoulder to cry on. Tammy is a people person who enjoys interacting with one & all. Tammy knows no strangers. The month of October is very special to Tammy. It's her birthday month. She will be celebrating her birthday on the Tuesday, October 15, over night trip to the Middle Grounds, as well as ever October Tuesday & Friday the Florida Fisherman sails. Hopefully the Fall American red snapper season will be a reality. Tammy would love to be surrounded by friends and to catch  red snapper for her birthday. If at all possible, please join her in celebrating this very special occasion.

Bob Harbison Florida Outdoor Writers Association
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 01:40:22 AM by harbison »

Offline njbob49

• Cod caught on the "Stick"
Re: Grown men brought to their feet
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 08:35:55 PM »
Great report and pictures as always Mr. Harbison.  I always feel like I am on the boat with the anglers fishing. 

That picture of the bird on the piling is very nice and shows that you might be older, but you know a great picture when you see it.  LOL  TT^

I also like the gag fish picture that has the Harnell rod in the holder. You can always spot them by the red and gold wrappings.  My so called "friends" on this board bust me because I used one on a blackfishing trip.  We call it "the stick."  LOL I have caught almost everything you can catch in the ocean on that rod.

Thanks again for a great report.

Tight Lines,
Bob G  chrz slt

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Re: Grown men brought to their knees
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »
 clp   Guess I never lost my eye for a pretty 'bird.'   So glad you like my reports.
I remember many years ago Harnell was the name in rods. Wonder if it's still the same rods I remember from 1/2 a century ago?  Bob

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-