Author Topic: August in the outterbanks?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline jrjablonski37

August in the outterbanks?
« on: February 06, 2008, 12:22:22 PM »
going to the outterbanks in august was looking for any spots on shore or from the boat cause Iam considering trailering down a little 18 ft bowrider any suggestions/info?  Or any party boat suggestions.
thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 12:27:19 PM by jrjablonski37 »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: August in the outterbanks?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:55:38 AM »
Cool..  Sounds like fun.  wish I could help you our..

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 05:56:18 AM »
i hear its really nice there.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Duffman

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
Was down last year in August and will be heading down this year as well. I stay in Duck on OBX.
  Fishing inshore that time of year is tough. Water temps are high and the bite is sporadic at best. Both in the sound and ocean front you can expect a mix bag. Flounder, snappers, croakers etc.
  Miss Oregon Inlet in Nags Head is headboat. Expect the same as fishing off the surf, small fish, but if you have kids, they will have a ball.
  Best bet is to do a makeup charter.  Stop in at Bobs Bait and Tackle in Duck. Get your name on a list for charters your first day there. They will set you up with other people to fill a six pack charter for an offshore run. In August you can expect decent Mahi bite along with billfish trolling.

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:57:32 AM »
I haven't had the opportunity to try down there but this year is a year for getting back to normal and hopefully next year I hope to try expanding out to other states along the coast.

Should be interesting fishing the suds from Maine to Florida.  Thats my goal.  I don't know how long it will take but thats my dream.  Not totally in one season but to hit all the hot spots.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline flounderman

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 12:09:48 PM »
Depends on where you will be staying?

Been going down to OBX on and off for 30 years now. Got a string of 4 straight years down there. Giving it a rest this year. We've been staying the last 4 years in Salvo at Wind over Waves.
 Pimlico Sound is very very shallow. The community has a boat launch. Trailered the tin down a few years ago. Not worth it IMO where we stayed. The sound is good for jet skis. Got stuck several times especially at low tide. The sound is good for crabs. Best bet fish live shrimp for croakers and spot in the sound and surf. 

Where are you going to stay?

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:37:00 PM »
Was there in the summer a few years ago with a 17'er.

Fished the Oregon Inlet area and got lots of really small Fluke.

Also fished the Hatteras area out of Teach's Lair Marina. Got loads of small Weakfish, Puppy Drum, Croakers and Spadefish. Pink and White Mister Twisters worked real good.

Offline bayonne

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »
i was at nags head in august the inshore bite is tough cause of warm water i fished the pier and it was slow at night even the off shore was doing good but didnt have the money to book a charter but you never know it was in the high 90s to 100s when i was their you baked during the day but still had a great time we had a beach front houst with 10 bed rooms pool jacuzi lots of drinking and chilling in the ac till the sun goes down
 chrz chrz

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-