Author Topic: Gulf Grand Slam  (Read 2267 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Gulf Grand Slam
« on: October 19, 2015, 05:36:30 PM »

We who are fortunate enough to call the Sunshine state home live in a tropical wonderland most can only dream of. Our sun bleached white sandy beaches are second to none. Madeira Beach, home of The Florida Fisherman ll, is enjoyed by thousands twelve months out of the year:

In addition to fun on the beach Florida is well known for world class fishing. We are proud of our fishing and love to share with fellow sportsmen/women. Come along as we showcase the very best Central Florida has to offer. Witness, first hand, a 'Gulf Grand Slam' never to be forgotten. Our 'Grand Slam' will feature mountains of shallow water gag grouper and mangrove snapper; followed by pelagics, and seldom seen fish from well over the 100 fathom mark.
Is everyone ready for the adventure of a life time? Let's go:

The mighty gag grouper:

Huge vermillon and American red snapper:

The new day is greeted with more of the same:

The AJ's are big, strong, and ready for a fight:

Look at the teeth on that cuda:

Time to go deep; really deep. Let's troll for pelagics. First up, tuna:

For color nothing matches the rainbow colored mahi:

The bull dolphin...spectacular! (See it in full color at the 10:46 mark into the video at the end of this report)

For a combination of power and breath-taking speed the sleek wahoo offers the challenge of a life time. This speedster hits a big, fast moving, target like a run-away freight train: (Catch the great fight @ the 6:30 mark into the video.)

Ok! Time to get serious about deep-drop bottom fishing. That wreck looks good:

We have the equipment to do the job:

First up the very tasty barrel fish. This you do not see too often:

Mr Janecka, fishing out of Osteen, Florida, shows us how it's done. Bo caught huge snowy grouper from one end of the Florida to the other:

Welcome to deep-drop Florida stile. Welcome to our 'Gulf Grand Slam!' These things are huge:

Dan is so proud of his new deep-drop outfit:

Wow! Dan sure gave that new outfit a 'reel' test...two at a time:

Here is another one you will not see every day. The very colorful deep water long tail bass:

Well! Our 63 hour Central Florida 'Gulf Grand Slam' has been everything we could ever dream of. As the sun dives into the crystal clear, warm, Gulf water,

our dreams turn once again to our beloved 'Jersey Girl' Chef Tammy. Pork chops seasoned to perfection;  hickory smoked bacon with fresh green beans, and the finest wild rice. Tammy, you are simply the best:

After a hot shower it's time to hit our cool, comfortable, bunks.
Next stop Madeira Beach, Florida.  
Central Florida 'Gulf Grand Slam!' The very best Florida has to offer:

That new outfit really worked out well for Dan. His 'in the money' jack pot winning snowy grouper hit the scales at a whopping 40 pounds. Not to be outdone, Dan's very good friend, Ed, is ever so proud of his 55 pound wahoo:

See all the action in this short action-packed video.
(click on the Youtube link)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErKTbfnWdc
 -
2015 offers two more chances for Central Florida Gulf Grand Slams. On 10/22 & 11/19 we will once again challenge the monsters of the deep. And, with eight trips planned for next year, we have a lot to look forward to.
As the weather cools many of us also look forward to hunting season. Want an opportunity like this?

Join me at Two Guys & a hog. My cameras are always ready. Join me, us, in the 'Woods'nWater' of our great state.
Best to one and all!
 Bob Harbison Florida Outdoor Writers Association
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 03:20:45 PM by harbison »

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: Gulf Grand Slam
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:46:53 AM »
Great report Bob, thanks
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 09:46:05 AM »
 whs  t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 03:19:41 PM »
Thanks guys!  It's a real honor to share with you.  Bob

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:49:31 AM »
 t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-