Author Topic: LBI South End-Saturday and Sunday  (Read 956 times)

Offline Captain Dave Wittenborn

• Sponsor
    • Capt Daves Charters
LBI South End-Saturday and Sunday
« on: May 25, 2008, 05:28:45 PM »
I ran a couple of combo shakedown/striper trips on Saturday and Sunday with the new boat.  I brought along some family and friends.  We got a late start on both days.  My crew was made up mostly of beach goers. 

We searched the areas along the beach from Holgate up to Spray Beach.  We found plenty of bunker and spent some time snagging them but had no predators who were takers.  The bunker were not in the tight balls that we like to see.  They were more spread out and didn't seem like they were being chased.  The weather was perfect and felt like early September day.  I heard of a couple of fish that were caught on the south end.  I guess you had to be in the right place at the right time.

I will be running open boat trips beginning the end of June.  Check out the web site for details.

Captain Dave

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
Re: LBI South End-Saturday and Sunday
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »
Nice report Capt Dave. Good to get everything checked out to make sure it's working right. Hard day of fishing up north today (Sunday) too. But the season is still young and we will have many more shots at them.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 11:22:45 PM »
Nice try Capt Dave.  The bass are there.  and some large ones.  Spent some time on the beach today chatting with the surf guys..  They are just not in the quantity we want just yet.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:50:36 PM by Hotrod »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »
 whs

Up off IBSP the weekend was slow I heard but last week the big gals went by and gave some a thrill os a lifetime.  Catching three bass in the area of 30 to 34 lbs was a great day, unfortunately it wasn't me.  :-X
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-