Author Topic: FISH STIX - Blackfish Black Friday  (Read 1595 times)

Offline Capt. Kris

• Fish Stix Charter Fishing
  • Sponsor
    • Fish Stix Charter Fishing
FISH STIX - Blackfish Black Friday
« on: November 24, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
Well it's been a long break for us, canceling more trips then i could imagine. After going stir crazy for weeks and taking care of the minor repairs from that **** Sandy, we made it out for blackfish today.

We had Mark and his crew, Glenn and his crew and Murray today. Trip was to find some Stripers in the morning then tog. Well with knowing the bass bite is terrible, I told the guys we were going straight to tog. Then I found out they were all first timers, except Murray. But that did not matter what so ever. First drop with no wind and a nice current, shorts right away with a keeper or two. After resetting 10 times due to the wind making its way over 180 degrees we were catching some fish. Some good flurries here and there pretty much most of the day. Most fish were 14.5", so if I was last year, we would have had a double limit. Made another drop farther to the northwest and the keeper ratio was much better. Played here for a bit until the end of the day with the south wind whipping away as usual.

We ended the day with only 16 keepers to around 4lbs with countless fish from 14-14.75". Bent the rods most of the day. And I gotta give to the guys, they did one hell of a job figuring out the blackfish game. They each did very well considering the scratchy bites and tough conditions. Nice job and thanks again guys! Another cancelled trip tomorrow due to high winds. BS. Back out Sunday.

We have spots available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this upcoming week. Weather looks great. Give a call text or email to join us.

Capt Kris

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
Re: FISH STIX - Blackfish Black Friday
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:21:06 AM »
 t^
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:36:41 AM »
Nice to see a report from you Kris. t^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 08:22:49 AM »
 t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 09:57:01 AM »
 t^ Some good eating fish you got there  t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Twins n Fins

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 12:58:41 PM »
see you monday  grtn

Offline jerseyjoe

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 04:23:47 PM »
 t^ t^  You go boys....nice job !!   t^ t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-