Author Topic: Salmon river 9/17-9/19 w/pics  (Read 3587 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Salmon river 9/17-9/19 w/pics
« on: September 20, 2010, 07:02:59 PM »
 Left the house at 2 am friday morning with cousin Dom, buddy vic, and sisters boyfreind Marcus and met up with my dad and his buddy Andrew at Fat Nancys at 630 am. Scouted the river basically the entire friday. Fished between staircase and black hole, very very very slow, saw a steel head and a king landed. Fished the tressel. I hooked up with 5, just missed landing 1 and other 4 had no chance of landing...

Saturday morning, headed for a private access area behind a lodge in altmar... (steep cliff with a rope to get up and down!) ... nice little hole there, fished for steelhead and tried for some browns to start the morning... Dad landed a 6 pound steelhead to start off the bat, using a chartruese egg sac...Then I hooked up with a small King landed that, then I hooked up with a nice coho landed that, then my buddy  vic hooked up with a nice male coho landed that, then I hooked up with a 12 pound 30 inch steelheaded and landed that. Now in between all of these landings were about 30 fish ons between the 6 of  us, and most of them were cohos with 100 hp motors hooked up to there asses.... no chance of landing them.... ate at eddys place for italian buffet and a few beers that night, woke up next morning 5 -6 am and headed for same spot...

Sunday was slooooooooooooooooooooow... I landed the only fish, another small King. Very few hook ups.... buddy Vic lost what I say a 25#+ Male Coho, beautiful red color black head, also no chance of landing it, but fought it hard for about 10 minutes....

All in all, fantastic time, great memories, some fillets for the house and some freinds....Stayed at costello's on route 3...

Back at it this weekend!!

t^ t^ t^
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Salmon river 9/17-9/19 w/pics
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
Great trip!

clp

p.s don't see your pics

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:36:16 PM »
Still a Lot of fish in the lake. Marked a ton in 30 FOW and I hear some still out in 110 FOw. 500 cfs starting tonight and the rest of the week. That should get them going.

Fish on!
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline kezsr

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 07:41:56 PM »
nice trip  t^  no pics to see?   Kez
of all liars among mankind the fisherman is most trustworthy.  William Sherwood Fox

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »
You summed it up by saying "Fantastic time...
Way to go.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:43:08 AM »
Thanks guys , yeah I am hoping its on fire this weekend. It wont let me post pictures I dont know why, it says files too large or it doesnt load... rgmn
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 07:05:37 AM »
Nice trip and report Mark. Rod can walk you thru posting them pics.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:39:50 AM »
time for heavier tackle?

nice report

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-