Author Topic: Salmon Fishing 10/19-10/21  (Read 3195 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Salmon Fishing 10/19-10/21
« on: October 22, 2010, 12:35:23 PM »
 Hey whats up guys, long time no talk on here. Hope everyone is doing ok and are hitting the fish good.  t^

Girlfreind of 2 years broke up with me on Monday, no one knows her, Capt Joe met her, actually she caught her biggest striper on Captain Joe's boat (34 pounds). So ive been depressed lately, im really taking it hard. She went off to college at Monmouth University, and things just didnt work out. She needs space, and stuff, which is understandable for someone whos 19 at college. But for me it just plain old SUCKS. Maybe things will work out when she transfers home in May to William Paterson University and stays local.

Anyway, I picked myself up tuesday morning after my dad sent me pictures of a brown trout and 3 big king salmon. Called my freind vic and my sisters BF Marcus, I said pack up ur bags, im not being depressed in my room right now, were going up North. Off we went, got up there at like 6-7 pm, had dinner and some beers and went to sleep. BTW, alcohol doesnt help the situation if you just were heartbroken by your Ex.

Fished Wednesday morning started out at Orwell brook. Got there late, like 9 am. Me,marcus,vic,my dad, his buddy greg, my uncle adam and this guy andy. Everyone but marcus and vic landed a fish that day. I got my limit of 3, dad got his limit of 3, uncle and andy got 1, and greg got 2.

Took lunch. Had a few beers. Back at it.

Went off to the North side of trestle I believe. Parked there and walked the river down the mountain to I think the sportsmans hole. Watched a gigantic tree fall down off the cliff into the water to really screw up that spot, and saw about a dozen drift boats roll by and they had no luck in this area. We were trying to steelies and browns, nada. Uncle had a coho on, no luck getting that in.

Went BACK to orwell, 2 other guys there, ive never seen so many salmon come up under this bridge and around this little bend of rapids into this hole in my life. It was like the bay or the ocean in that part of the rapids, thats how many fish were coming up. For my dad and him it was catch and release, some of the others dont have the salmon touch down pat, and marcus has bad eyes so he didnt get any of them. It was crazy!!! Like 30-40 fish at a time every 15 minutes, just a big black pile coming through.

Beer  chrz ,food, bed.

Up at 5 am, got to this spot us 7 were the first ones there. It was DOWNPOURING. Rain started to let up, so daylight broke and we were off back to Orwell right down the hill to the same spot. It was fish on from when we got there and fished from 630 am until we left at 10 am. It was also rain on and hail on for the entire time. Everyone was soaked, dad fell in, but got his fish, thanks to my netting job. And between the 7 of us, I think we landed 12 or 13 salmon, kept 10. Lost an amount uncountable. It was fantastic, and its to bad im back home. Going back next tue-thur! Hey something has to get my mind off of Jaimee right..

Hope these pics show up
 t^

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:40:44 PM by fishon42 »
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: Salmon Fishing 10/19-10/21
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 12:42:05 PM »
Few more, dads freind Greg, and a salmon I got right in the lip baby  hhppy
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:56:04 PM »
sorry to hear about the girl, but what better way to replace her then with nice fishing pictures..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:42:42 PM »
 whs.. chrz t^ chrz
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:58:40 PM »
Nice pics, Keep the pics coming! TT^
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
Thanks Guys

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 04:58:15 PM »
Mark, sorry to hear about you and Jaimee. Ya never know what's going to happen. As you said, maybe, when she gets back home...anyway, Nice catching up north and some fine pics. Get as much fishing time in as you can.  t^

Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-