Author Topic: Anyone ever install flush mount speakers into their gunwales?  (Read 2025 times)

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
Ok, as I have stated before, the 21' Sea Boss I bought was extremely bare bones. No water/fuel filter and no am/fm radio or speakers.

I should have no problem installing the radio and little trouble installing seakers on the sides of the helm, HOWEVER, that would give me the worst sound possible.
I would REALLY like to mount the speakers in the gunwales firing inward (and use the hull as a big speaker box/baffle).

Has anyone undertaken this project on their won?
I imagine the most difficult part (aside from cutting into your fiberglass) would be to run the speaker wire to the helm from the gunwales.

Any ideas?
I would rather not pay the marina $700 to do it :)

I just paid them 700 to pul boat install transducer and gps/FF ad felt I paid way too much for the work they did, so do not want to go that route again.

Offline catfish hunter

• Super Hero Member
Re: Anyone ever install flush mount speakers into their gunwales?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 06:50:02 AM »
while the boat was out you should have let them do it ,700 bucks is way to much though

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 08:00:41 AM »
Not sure you can get to the transom and view the sides well. No obstructions guess just use a regular electrical snake to run down the wall or you have to hook it up  under the CC?
  Be careful of the fiberglass ran my wires for antenna Fri. That crap HURTS when you get splinter !!
'

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 08:10:51 AM »
while the boat was out you should have let them do it ,700 bucks is way to much though

I probably could have it done for $300 or so, but that is still to much for me right now :(

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-