Author Topic: Atlantic City in the water Boat Show Review  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Atlantic City in the water Boat Show Review
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:44:25 PM »
Due to the poor water conditions left from the recent storm activity, I decided to head down to Atlantic City for the in the water boat show. $15 each at the gate, included in the admission price in a free 1yr subscription to one of 4 magazines, I chose Saltwater Sportsman.

This show differs from the typical on shore boat shows in that along with the smaller vessels that are at every show, being on the water, the large, and I mean large, sportfishing, cruisers, and yachts are docked and available for boarding. Let me tell you, it is alot easier on my old bones to board boats on a floating dock, then to climb stares all day to board boats at conventional shows. Don't get me wrong, I did climb stairs, inside yachts, both down to staterooms, and up to luxurious upper decks/helms.

I fell in love with about 6 boats that are well above my price range. I sat at the helm of a 2.8 million dollar 60' Hatteras Yacht, wet my pants aboard a 70 mph 39' Contender with triple Yamaha 350's, and even though they are not fishing boats, I even seen a few cruisers I would consider.I figure, if you afford a boat for $700,000, you can afford to replace the carpet when it gets fish blood on it.

The show was pretty good, the roulette wheel on the other hand, not so much. Got something to eat and headed back to reality, my humble home, with my boat in the yard, it's title in the safe. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
Re: Atlantic City in the water Boat Show Review
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:57:27 PM »
Nice review Darren.  I don't bother going to those boat shows.  I know I can't afford to buy anything so why torture myself?  :P

t^ 

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 10:02:41 AM »
 whs
 clp
Sounds like a good time Darren!
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
Just takes a dollar and a dream rofla

I used to go the the NY boat show years ago and as Bob points out......torture rgmn rgmn

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:07:44 PM »
Just takes a dollar and a dream rofla

I used to go the the NY boat show years ago and as Bob points out......torture rgmn rgmn

Hey Kenny. I've got the dream.  It's the dollar part that's eluding me. ;D

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 08:24:32 PM »
Only 942 low monthly payments. rofla
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-