Author Topic: FB 7/7- 7/8 late Flukin report  (Read 3342 times)

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
FB 7/7- 7/8 late Flukin report
« on: July 09, 2012, 08:16:00 PM »
Sorry its so late.. busy few days... Had Fluka out Sat. with buds Dibbs and Alex for another flattie mission... Lines off at 0645, and we headed straight out of the bay.. to hopefully beat the impending heat, and work the usual rough bottoms.. Had very similar conditions to last week, with an anemic drift, and little wind in the morning.. But again we where able to work and get bites... and the quality of the fish made up for the slower action with some fat keeper Fluke coming at a slow but steady pace..most fish where no-look keeps from 19" to Dibbs' thick 24" Pool fish.. Bucktail/gulp teaser shined  , but Peruvians , squid/spearing  also produced.. Not as many Seabass today, and we where only able to add a handful of those tasty morsels to the grocery cart.. Despite the untimely demise of yet another rod,  rgmn    Dibbs was on fire with high hook and pool honors  TT^ Alex started a little slow, but kicked it up as the drift picked up in the afternoon, and put a few nice keeps in the box to fill out our  limit.. We played a little c&r till about 4pm , before heading for the barn after another fine day of solid fishing with good friends  TT^
Sunday was all for fun with the Provie Bros' As my brother Jack came down from Albany with his father in-law Joe, who's visiting from Mich.  They picked up brother Rob on their way south and after the long drive, they made it to the dock by about 0945..with a late start, we headed out to fish some spots in the bay.. but the drift was soon to be deceased... so I worked my way east looking for some current or breeze.. Joe and I picked a few shorts, and sundry undesirables, like skates and birds, that nonetheless tickled Joe and Jack who snapped pics of the ugly mugs..  I jigged up a 19" keep in the Reach, but Jack, in true form, was  stymied .. Robbie fished for about 10 minutes before retiring to the cabin in a sun and  Bonine induced stupor, for a quick 3-hour nap  fcp  About noon we where at the tip of the hook, getting tossed by wakes, and I decided to push out for a few drifts on the reef.. Found a drift, and plenty of life whenever I could get a jig to the bottom.. which wasn't often, between re-tying rigs, unhooking fish, and keeping the boat on the drifts..but I managed another keeper Fluke as did Joe..and even Jack caught a few shorts!  After maybe an hour out there, Robbie woke up, and Jack started to fade.. said he wanted to get in to start heading in for the long drive back.. So we headed in about 3:30 with our 3 keepers..Sorry, no pics from Sunday.. Rob was sleeping on my camera case all day .. plus my hands where pretty full  ;) While not great in terms of the fishbox,  it was fantastic to finally get out there with my brothers, and Joe!    t^  chrz

Offline Jaycr3183

• Fish, eat, sleep repeat.
Re: FB 7/7- 7/8 late Flukin report
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
Provie puttin the hurt on em!! Good job brother!!! slt clp

Offline Spearfish

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »
Killen em.

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:34 PM »
Good trip with family members ,that's what it's all about .You earned it all . chrz

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 09:24:12 PM »
 t^...Nice report, way to git e'm....... chrz
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 09:36:39 PM »
Nice mess off meat!    Fluka style scratching it out of the nasty stuff  ;)

Offline paul-e

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:04 PM »
Nice Mark. Good times chrz chrz chrz
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dibbs

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2012, 06:18:03 AM »
Rod replaced  clp  Nice work Capt.  slt

Offline Scott G.

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 06:59:13 AM »
 t^ clp t^
Fishing, with me, has always been an excuse to drink in the daytime.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »
Mark U da man!!!

nice read, slammin' da meat

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-