Author Topic: Robbins Reef Fishing  (Read 2982 times)

Offline kingkon111

• Full Member of the Den
Robbins Reef Fishing
« on: June 19, 2007, 10:25:13 AM »
Chunked the jersey channel off of MOT, Bayonne. Had plenty of runoffs which parted my 8# spider wire (blues?,bass?)  Daryl, my fishing partner from Maryland w/17# mono lucked out 34" stripper. One blue I managed to get an eye on  was in the 14# range.Changing over to 17# mono and giving it another shot tonight.Check out Daryl's stripper pic's. Actually I suppose to introduce myself so here I go. I'm Chuck AKA kingkon111 from Elizabeth. Working in the maritime industry as port engineer in the New york harbor for 33 yrs with Mc Allister and peresently Reinauer Trans. Fishing finatic since out of dipers.Been in 2 clubs Franklin R&R,Eliz., Sharkies Machine BKLYN NY, Love fishing and all the stories that goes along with everyones adventures good and bad. So,please accept me for who I am and if I can help out anyone with boat problems I will do my best to steer you in the right direction. Hook em Hard!!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 03:04:49 PM by kingkon111 »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Robbins Reef Fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 11:06:55 AM »
Welcome Aboard Kingkon111,

Nice bass.  It looks like this year the fishing is fantastic unfortunately the size limits are causing a lot of throw backs but not in your case, way to go for your friend Daryl.  If I were you I would go for 30# Power Pro if your fishing off structure like that.  The line is about the diameter if a 12# mono and twice as strong.

I was a non believer till I switched over on a new rod and reel combo bought this season.  It out casts anything I have on all my other rigs by at least 30 yards.  Good stuff... t^

Again Welcome Aboard.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Skolmann

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 12:53:39 PM »
I live in Bayonne but haven't figured out how to get to an area to fish by the MOT. Did you fish off the end of the walkway that starts behind Staples?

Offline kingkon111

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007, 01:11:04 PM »
Actually I work in the maritime industry and know the owners who leased the shipyard in MOT, that's where I fish. In back of Staples where the new golf course is, there's no water close to the stores don't know if you can go all the way down to where the courses boat taxi moors at  there is more depth in that area, but still need high tide. It would be worth the walk.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 06:00:13 PM »
Good job and welcome aboard.  Keep the reports coming.   t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 06:08:54 PM »
Welcome aboard!!

Nice job TT^

Great Report TT^

Offline Capt. Ed

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »
Nice report and welcome!

Capt. Ed

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-