Author Topic: 8/25 Sandy Hook Fluke Report  (Read 1336 times)

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
8/25 Sandy Hook Fluke Report
« on: August 25, 2012, 08:25:33 PM »
Had John Dixon and family onboard for a fluke trip today. Left Highlands at 6 a.m. in flat glass conditions. Rounded the hook and headed east a bit to find a ground swell big enough to have some center consoles slow it down to get their props back in the water and keep their teeth in their mouths. Fished deep at first with the outgoing tide. It was very very slow...once again the Bird Invasion with a nice keeper Biscuit and a porgy or 2 thrown in for good measure. Took about 40 min to boat the first fluke of the day so i got that feeling it would be a tough day. Made a few wiggles and checked out a few smaller pieces that produce around this time...more Birds and a few more smaller sea bass.
Back to the shallow at the top of the flood. The fluke turned on a bit for us for the rest of the day but it was a far cry from what he have had the last couple weeks. Maybe 25-30 shorts and only 3 big enough for the ice.
The crew had fun today celebrating Tom Dixons 16th Birthday....just wish it was better fishing for them. See you in Oct to Eel some of those Striped Ones!
For those of you that know what i mean...it was C&B's fishing today....for those of you that dont...i gotta keep it clean as possible so you will have to figure it out on your own
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline Salty Dog

• Super Hero Member
Re: 8/25 Sandy Hook Fluke Report
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 09:19:24 PM »
Pulled the rabbit out've the hat again . chrz

Offline Capt. Carl

• New Jersey Fishing Guru
  • Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
  • Hired Gun
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:24:05 PM »
Nah...i couldnt find that rabbit today....you did betrer than most today there salty.... t^
Capt. Carl DiMenna
100 Ton U.S.C.G Master

Offline IKAT

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
Lot of bird cages out there   fcp

Offline fluke - u

• Super Hero Member
  • Owner @ Fluke-U Charters
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 11:10:49 AM »
 t^..
I support our sponsors !
Success is getting what you want.
Happiness is wanting what you get.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-