Author Topic: Inshore fishing and the Florida population explosion  (Read 949 times)

Offline harbison

• Super Hero Member
Inshore fishing and the Florida population explosion
« on: September 18, 2021, 10:57:18 PM »
Inshore fishing and the Florida population explosion

When I was born Florida was the least-populated southern state. Now Florida is the third most populated state in the entire country. Last year anglers purchased 1.5 million Florida fishing licenses. Count the number who fish on head/charter boats who are not required to purchase a license and the number is much higher. Last year Florida anglers spent over nine billion dollars on fishing and supported over 88 thousand jobs. Will this continue with the Sunshine State's population explosion?  How good is Florida fishing today? Let's take a look.Offshore such areas as the Florida Middle Groundsare so vast that there is plenty of room and fish for everyone. But what about inshore where the pressure is much greater? Come along as we take a close look at Florida inshore fishing from Northern Florida to the Florida Keys.First up the pride of North Florida, Pensacola:What a thrill seeing the very young involved. They are the future of our sport:Way to go Pensacola, way to go!And that's just the beginning:I have caught a lot of trout in my time. But in my wildest dreams I could not imagine Speckled Trout like these:Before taking a close look at Central Florida let's see what the fish-famous Florida Keys have to offer the inshore fisherman.How about a dip in the warm crystal clear tropical water before our fishing trip:After our dip the angleretts take us to school:And now...Fellow Florida native, Captain Dylan Hubbard, leads the way:Talk about a sight to see:Trout, Red fish, Sheepshead, Snook and...Maryland has nothing on our Florida Blue Crabs:Think the excitement ends after the catch?Think again!A good old Southern Cracker breakfast of fried fish eggs and grits and we are ready to show those hungry fish who the boss really is. Catching all those fish makes us really hungry. Talk about a lunch to dream of. Try a fresh Florida fish sandwich:And then there is dinner.Talk about a dream... This stretches the imagination beyond any dream:How good is Florida fishing today?
credits
FWC
Captain Dylan Hubbard
Getty
Wikipedia

Online Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Inshore fishing and the Florida population explosion
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 08:57:13 AM »
 t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-