Author Topic: Possible Nor'Easter Week of November 5, 2012 Archives  (Read 12977 times)

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Possible Nor'Easter Week of November 5, 2012 Archives
« on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »
It looks like the entire Mid Atlantic Region and Northeast will be affected in some form by another coastal storm.  This Nor'Easter is no Sandy, but certainly not something we need a week or so later!  This storm looks like it will ride up the coast bringing 50mph winds, 2-3 inches of rain or more snow in some places and some coastal flooding.  Temperatures will be down into the 30's and 20's in some places, add in the wind chill and temperatures will feel like teens and/or single digits...BRRRR!  This will definitely hamper recovery a bit, add unneeded stress on already damaged trees and powerlines, possibly flood some areas finally drying out and leave those without power even colder.

Be safe and prepared, yet again!

Euro 12Z Model 120 hours

GFS 12Z Model 120 hours

HPC 5 Day Precipitation

GFS 12Z Snowfall Total

GFS/Euro Winds Split

NWS PHI Briefing #1 Nor'Easter
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:30:29 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Possible Nor'Easter Week of November 5, 2012 Archives
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
 fcp

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
Well, I just tucked away the gen.  So I guess I'll start the snowblower.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 04:51:04 PM »
Oh no !  rgmn
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 04:14:32 PM »
This week's Nor'Easter is pretty much going to affect us one way or another.  This will be a coastal storm that appears to be riding up the coast.  Exact track and timing vary, but it looks like it will stay offshore around Wednesday or Thursday.  It is going to bring 40-50mph winds, 2-3 inches of rain for the coast, with the possibility of snow farther inland, minor coastal flooding and the typical increased wave heights, high surf and beach erosion(whatever it didn't take the last round)!  The track will depend highly on who gets snow and how much.  It will also depend on how bad the area is hit, again.  Right now the models basically agree with a storm in the 980mb rainge remaining along the coast and going into New England!  A couple of trends I have noticed, is the offshore track and the increasing in strength.  Don't ignore this storm because it is not going to be as bad as Sandy.  It has the potential for a good amount of damage on top of what everyone has already endured!  ****I just want to make this clear, though...right now, there is not even a storm developed.  IF, a storm develops, it will develop in the Gulf as a weak low, move across Florida and intensify out in the Atlantic from there in the next 48-72 hours.

I will keep you updated.  Keep an eye on this.  The
entire area is vulnerable and we don't need a weaker storm to cause more loss of life or unnecessary damage!

GFS Model Sunday 12Z

Euro Model Sunday 12Z

GFS Snowfall Totals

Euro Snowfall Totals

NWS Briefing #3 Nor'Easter

Sandy Hook Storm Surge

Atlantic City Storm Surge

Cape May Storm Surge

Philadelphia Storm Surge

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 09:10:03 PM »
Matt, have I ever told you that I hate you! rgmn

Oh wait.  Yes.  Yes, I have.  Quite a few times I believe. :headscra:

Nevermind.  Carry on. slt

;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:10:42 PM by Bucktail »

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 10:07:54 PM »
 whs ;D

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »
Thanks for these reports, Matt  t^ t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Capt. RJ

• Sponsor
  • 53 Spencer
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:31:19 PM »
 cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn cfzd rgmn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
since we were seeing all this cold, I pulled out the snowblower.  Doing an oil change on it tomorrow just in case we see some snow

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 12:02:03 AM »
Matt, have I ever told you that I hate you! rgmn

Oh wait.  Yes.  Yes, I have.  Quite a few times I believe. :headscra:

Nevermind.  Carry on. slt

;D

ovrbt hhppy

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:27:23 AM »
This upcoming storm could cause significant problems for our area.  The genesis of this storm is beginning to verify with some early formation in the Gulf, west of Florida.  While the track is still not definite, the models are bringing a 971mb storm farther offshore.  Some models almost miss NJ completely and take it into New England, while other models bring 9 inches of snow and others just rain.  Right now, the NWS PHI/Mount Holly is calling for a track along the coast, bringing rain, 8-10 foot waves, 2-4 foot storm surge and 50-65mph winds.  This can and will do significant damage with the track they are calling, however, there is a decent chance it could stay farther east and spare us what we don't need!  Trend today from the models is of a more easterly track!  Of course, towns are taking this seriously already with Mandatory Evacuations tonight.

The NWS Briefing is very detailed tonight and has explained graphics.

Be safe, stay alert, stay alive!

NWS Briefing

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 02:54:24 AM »
With the already deteriorated beaches and the already high water does this storm have the potential for significant damage although its not a HUGE storm?
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 12:08:54 PM »
There definitely is the potential for more damage even though this is not a big storm.  With dune protection gone and beaches eroded, places that were not damaged are exposed and vulnerable and could easily be damaged this time.  "Storm Surge" is only going to be half of what it was during Sandy and waves along the ocean are only 8-10 feet, not the 15-18+ with Sandy.  So, while this is still a dangerous storm, with potential for flooding, wind damage and even snow, it is going to stay likely, to our east and leave us on the weaker side of the storm.  So, will you see more damage from this storm now, than if it had hit before Sandy, yes, but I would not expect widespread significant damage like we all experienced last week!  Cleanup efforts and equipment is also at risk and many places are evacuating already hit areas, so this is delaying the cleanup.  Trees could be an issue too.  If they were weakened and have not been taken down yet, the potential for damage from them and power outages is high as well.

Unfortunately, the models cannot come to a consensus and agree on track or intensity.  This is because there really is not anything formed yet...low pressure has started to form, but nothing definitive yet.  Last night the models were beginning to trend towards a more easterly track.  Today, they have come back west.  Another positive thing I am seeing is that if this storm forms, it will form more to the north than previously modeled.  This will give it less time to organize and could be weaker?  I will have an afternoon update as soon as I look over all the NWS Information and models.

So, be ready, but look at the facts and not the media hype.

TT^

Offline Reel McCoy

• AKA usd00017
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
Thanks, Matt  t^
22' Grady-White Reel McCoy II

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
We are less than 24 hours away from this potential strong Nor'Easter.  The NWS PHI/Mount Holly has issued their daily briefing.  Their forecast is that this storm will follow the coast, remaining offshore, bringing 50-65 mph winds, 8-10 foot waves, 2-4 feet of coastal flooding and a mixture of rain/snow for the area.  Currently, low pressure has just exited off the coast of Florida/Georgia with the bulk of the system still over Georgia and South Carolina.  The models have flip flopped back and forth between a more westerly track and a more easterly track with.  At this point it could go either way.  The system is also emerging out into the ocean, more north than originally projected which could give it less time to organize, however these extratropical storms thrive in these current conditions and can intensify VERY rapidly.  Models are all showing a 986mb pressure, quite different from the 970's yesterday.  This is definitely a storm to take seriously and "err on the side of caution," considering the vulnerability of the area.  Models can and do change, every 6 hours.  Going with the Official Forecast of the NWS PHI/Mount Holly is the best guidance for now.

NWS PHI Briefing #5

NJ Advisories, Watches & Warnings

Midshore to Offshore Storm Watch

Gale Warning Hudson Canyon to Baltimore Canyon

Here are current Surface Analysis and Satellite Image of the location of the system.  I have circled them in yellow.

Surface Analysis Map

Visible Satellite

Nor'Easter Visible Satellite Loop

Here are some models showing storm track, strength and snowfall totals.  These are only models and not the official forecasts!

GFS Model Track and Snowfall

Euro Model Track and Snowfall

NAM Model Track

Precipitation Totals

Storm Surge/Tidal Flooding

Sandy Hook Tidal Guidance

Atlantic City Tidal Guidance

Cape May Tidal Guidance
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 02:29:44 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »
These are old posts/archives!

Go here for the latest updates on the upcoming Nor'Easter

http://njsaltwaterfisherman.com/forums/index.php?topic=29839.0

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 02:55:06 PM »
 fcp
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline Takes Prizoners

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 03:00:48 PM »
just got done with the snowblower.  so, atlest im ready if we see snow

Offline BigAl13

• Super Hero Member
  • Fish out of Keyport
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 03:03:39 PM »
Matt its great that you twll it like it is thanks
Its better to sit in a boat and think about God, than to sit in a church and think about fishing.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-