Author Topic: Veteran Fisherman Help!!!! Reading the water, (Daily Videos)  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Fishnewbie

• Full Member of the Den
Veteran Fisherman Help!!!! Reading the water, (Daily Videos)
« on: April 28, 2013, 03:26:50 AM »
Ok, I really wanted to start an ongoing thread for the veterans to help out the newbies. Ive read the three articles about how to read water and beach structure and they were great, Beaches and conditions are changing everday so I'm lucky to have access to a private beach and i'm able to take some videos of what this water is doing. Im always looking for some fishing buddies because there is nothing like a veteran fisherman. Once again, I am a newbie but I think this thread can really help out beginners if it's daily updated with conditions so veteran fisherman can try to voice their opinion and tell us why and what they would fish from what they see....I met a guy at the beach today and it was amazing how he was diagnosing the water. I really wanna see if the guys here have the same sort of insight. When I upload a video if the veterans can tell me what structure they see, if they would use lures, or bait. Thanks so much guys

THIS IS A TEST PIC BUT I REALLY THINK THE VETERANS CAN HELP US NEW BEGINNERS WITH THIS THREAD. THE PICS AND VIDEOS WILL COME DAILY. THE WATER IS ALWAYS MOVING SO I WANNA SEE HOW THE VERTERANS DIAGNOSE THE STRCTURES AND WHAT BAITS, LURES, BASICALLY HOW THEY WOULD FISH CERTAIN AREAS.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:31:25 AM by Fishnewbie »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Re: Veteran Fisherman Help!!!! Reading the water, (Daily Videos)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
Its very simple junior, (veteran talking here) listen, try, fail, try again, catch, repeat the process over again.

I have spent over 60 years fishing our area and I know many that have been fishing here much longer.  The way I learned as a kid was to hang out in B&T's and listen to the old-timers back then.  I would try the things they were talking about and with many failures I started to catch.  The learning curve sometimes was longer than others but with all the failures came the knowledge of what works.

In today's world everything has to be instant gratification or it is no fun and gets boring very quickly.  People give up too easily if something does not work.  Back then it was a privilege to be asked to go fishing with some of the old timers.  Not only did you learn new tricks and tips but the stories that were told were amazing.  You won't get that in a 1 min video.

By being on the site and chatting with others you get some of that one on one feeling and I like that.  Not only is it on a one to one many guests get to see some of what we have to offer. 

Don't get me wrong video has its place for the things that are rudimentary like knot tying or snelling a hook but to me teaching someone the  ins and outs of reading the beach is a bit difficult.  Yes, I attempted to do that by writing an article but unless you learn first hand and get to experience what you are being taught the learning curve will be very long and most will give up.

I still like to hang out in the B&T's in the area.  Some have food counters and some just offer coffee but that is just a plus.  The conversations that take place here are priceless.  Once you get to be known in the shops your learning curve will go way up as now your information input will be real time and not a day or a week after the fact.

Just my own .02.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline wimpy

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 11:30:27 AM »
Yup TT^

Offline Fishnewbie

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 03:47:34 PM »
Thanks Paul, fishing has bettered my life and im grateful for that... Thanks for the advice...

Video Update April 28,2013

http://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=r8NAUAQhmIw&ns=1

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-