Author Topic: Slip for '08 Near SH?  (Read 5237 times)

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
Slip for '08 Near SH?
« on: August 31, 2007, 05:15:59 PM »
It's not too early to start thinking about '08, especially since my current slip in Red Bank may become unavailable..... Looking for recommendations for relocating next year with the following:
Must Haves:
1. Raritan/SH Bay area- Living in Edison now so want to stay reasonably close to home.
2. An available slip with room for my 24' Grady (duh..)
3. Recommended by a fellow NJSWF- rather not find out afterwards those nasty surprises marina owners never tell you about.

Please share your experiences good or bad if you're in-water from say Perth Amboy around to Red Bank/Monmouth Beach. Also curious how pricing varies- I can share that my slip this year and next goes for $90/ft but parking is at a premium... also I have heard mixed reports about Monmouth Cove, Leonardo, and AH but those location-wise are attractive to me. Thanks!

Offline salty pig

• the pig
Re: Slip for '08 Near SH?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:39:33 PM »
i pay  like 1900  for season  no elec or water at old spy its by morgan draw its a flat rate.
'

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
Most in that area are 100-110 foot.

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 06:38:55 PM »
think  it would have ran me more if i went to lockwoods like 2100 or so viking is more i know and good luck for there
'

Ruger314

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:01:44 PM »
I would try keyport marine basin.. only problem I  see there. Is the tide and the low bridge.. I know trailer storage at AH is $1000.. I have a season pass @ $400 and love it.. Wash the boat down.. all the amenities I need and the ramp is great..

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:01:30 PM »
I'm at KMB. I pay $2100.00 for my 21'er. If you have a T top or have a high clearance, the bridge will be a problem at high tide. I've come close but have never had a problem getting under.

Where in Red Bank are you? I was thinking of looking in that area for a new slip.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 08:10:32 PM »
there may be a waiting lish where ever you go.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Ruger314

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 08:13:12 PM »
yes the slip waiting list isalmost a year at AH..

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 08:40:59 PM »
think  it would have ran me more if i went to lockwoods like 2100 or so viking is more i know and good luck for there

I will be at Viking next year. I believe they have a waiting list, but my pops keeps his boat their and he is a good customer, sop he picked up a slip for me for next saeason.

They treat him well so I am happy.

Lockwoods will be real tough to get into.

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 11:27:58 PM »
WB

Every place has its plus and minus......Leonardo has a 2-3 year wait. I know a guy who has a slip and may want to sub let...........

Lentz Marina in West Keansburg has slips, but I don't know anything about the operation....I believe Sandy Hook Bay MArina in Highlands has slips but they are a Tad expensive.

Try the dock near Sea Tow in Highlands (5th St) they had open slips as well as the place next to them.

Offline salty pig

• the pig
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 08:40:37 AM »
i just hate to fight shore traffic to get to my boat .. thats why i keep it in morgan 2 miles to boat and im there :D
'

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
I would try keyport marine basin.. only problem I  see there. Is the tide and the low bridge.. I know trailer storage at AH is $1000.. I have a season pass @ $400 and love it.. Wash the boat down.. all the amenities I need and the ramp is great..

Except they are the biggest a$$holes on the planet.

They catch you buying your bait from anyone but them, they will not renew you the following year.

I know that place well as my father had his boats there from 1977-1990 and then again early 2000's.

I wouldn't evenr keep my boat there.

I am across the way at Wagner's which you wil be able to get s pot at next year for sure.

They were the only place in that area that had a slip for me in June of this year.

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »
I've been at KMB for about 5 yrs now and haven't had a problem. I have heard about them getting PO'ed if you get gas or bait somewhere else but I couldn't care less if they get PO'ed at me.

I never get my bait there only because I have a disability which make walking on gravel or sand pretty much impossible and you have to walk over the gravel parking lot to get to the shop...

Anyway, becaue of the previosly mentioned gravel parking lot, I'm looking for a new marina next year also. Does anyone know of a marina in the Sandy hook area with a paved parking lot and decent accessibility to the docks?

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
One of the owners followed my father down the dock to his boat to yell at him because my father had a crabby's plastic bag.

My father went to buy bucktail fair for his fluke rigs @ crabby's because KMB did not carry it. He figured while he was there, he would pick up killies for the day's fluke trip.

One of the owners saw him carrying the bag, followed him to the boat screeming at him for buying bait elswhere (in front me of me and my 12 year old sister).

This, after buying 2 boats from them, 10's of thousands in electronics and fishing gear, not to mention 90% of bait an 100% of gas for 15+ years there.

I grew up at that marina, know it well and would not keep my boat there after they treated my father like that.

Aside from that, the mechanic there now sucks REAL bad,. Won't allow any helpers, so it is just him. Good luck getting your boat fixed anytime soon if you need it. Could wait 3 weeks before they even look at it.
The old mechanic George was GREAT, this guy sucks.

Screwed my old man-told him he did the tuneup, etc for the new season.

Father needed work done, couldn't wait longer then the month he already waited, so brought it elsewhere.

Turned out, they never changed oil, plugs filters or did ANYTHING they charged him for.

The only reason they haven't kicked you out for buying bait somewhere else is because they didn't catch you yet.

And yes, that bridge sucks. Always has.

Looking forward to not dealing with that next year.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 10:47:14 AM by mboy »

Offline fishraiser

• "Ya Can't Take It With Ya"
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
I was in Lentze last year & they have that flood gate that gets closed 2hrs prior to til 2hrs after the higher tides(usually about 6 days a month around full moon)not to mention the shallow entry channel & lack of security.I would recommend staying clear of them.
                Joe
Capt. Joe

Offline bassnblues

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »
Pretty nasty stuff...I wouldn't do business with anyone who acted like that either. Nerver had a problem personally though...maybe just lucky.

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 08:08:09 AM »
Thanks all who weighed in... I'm up near Irwin's now (think Riverview Hospital) at a private residence which may or may not be available next yr; worst part is we won't find out til Nov....Keep 'm comin good or bad. I am starting my search with your recommendations and realize I probly shoulda started earlier.

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 08:32:05 AM »
$100.00 per foot  ::) ::) ::)this is why i ave a 18 footer , it cost me $25.00at the ramp and cheaper on the week days ;D
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline lwhssh

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2007, 07:39:34 PM »
I agree with Mboy. Had a bad experience with KMB when I took my boat there for service. I left after the crap they started to dish out.
Went next door to Wagner where they were totally professional.
If I'm paying you good money for a service, please treat me with a little respect.
What, I'll give you my business but I first have to Kiss your Ass. Thats the felling I got at KMB.
They suck

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2007, 08:28:02 PM »
I am actually staying put next year.

Too many positives at Wagner's to overcome whatever issue the bridge causes at high tide for me.

I rarely have a problem getting out (worst is I have to drop the bimini from it's upright brace).

KMB gas dock is open @ 5am, so I can always get gas and Wagner's (my 1st choice for gas) closes @ 5pm I believe, so no worrying about getting in early or out early to fill up.

Always plenty of bait in the creek too.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-