Author Topic: fluke off the hook 2.....bait pics  (Read 10515 times)

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
Re: fluke off the hook 2.....bait pics
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007, 08:45:00 PM »
Thanks Nick, im gonna do that exact setup a week from today i will be out there. I'll let you know how i do. Man these thunderstorms are ripping through up here in northern NJ.!! Love it!  t^ t^

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007, 08:54:33 PM »
where do you live fish on
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline wingshooter

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007, 09:06:10 PM »
dont worry about catching searobbins, they are decent eats, but better yet when you catch one slice him kind of like making a fellit out of him cut it into thin strips leave the skin on and the put it on a hook, fluke love it t^  downside is that searobins and sand sharks love them too :'(

p.s.
if you do use the robbin strips do us all a favor and throw the rest far into the  water the crabs and fish will eat it, i dont know how many times i see rotting bait and dead fish laying on the sand

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007, 09:28:04 PM »
Cut the shark up too.  In my opinion, they are even better than the sea robin for bait.  The skin is very tough.  Very hard for fish to pull off the hook.  You can catch a whole lot of fluke with just one strip!  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 06:21:18 AM »
I live in Wayne Nick. Also, I work in West Milford. Northern NJ.

Fish On
Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. But teach a man how to fish, and he'll be dead of mercury poisoning inside of three years.

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 07:25:49 AM »
I live in Wayne Nick. Also, I work in West Milford. Northern NJ.

Fish On
I am familiar, I grew up in Lodi, Bergen County, now I am in Jackson.  I fish in Atlantic Highlands, right inbetween the two towns..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 04:09:41 PM »
Very nice. Yeah Lodi is probably 15-20 minutes from my house. I am familiar with passaic and sussex counties real well. I have a quick question, do you think if my father brought a 14 foot boat in the bay somewhere we would be ok out there with it?  t^

Fish On

Offline fishon42

• Super Hero Member
  • Salmon On
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 08:35:42 PM »
Will be heading out 4th of July to the tip again. I am thinking of staying on the ocean side, the bayside is to much of a walk from there. Plus I am getting a little used to the ocean side and where the sand bars, and the currents and what not are for the fluke to hang out in. We'll see how it goes. If anyone wants to meet up we can have a good day of fishing.  TT^

Fish On

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007, 09:03:28 PM »
Very nice. Yeah Lodi is probably 15-20 minutes from my house. I am familiar with passaic and sussex counties real well. I have a quick question, do you think if my father brought a 14 foot boat in the bay somewhere we would be ok out there with it?  t^

Fish On
Remember, most of the rent a boats are only 16' with a 15hp on them.  It should be fine, just pick the right weather day.

Team Luna Sea 6

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-